“Very Good Pasta”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't understand all of the hullabaloo regarding the price and service of this place. In my experience the food was amazing and the staff were very attentive and nice. The manager even came to our table to ensure that everything was to our standards. Sure it is a little more expensive than olive garden, yet the portions are equally as big, it is never as loud, the staff is far better, the atmosphere is much better, and the taste is vastly superior. In addition to this the options available are far more authentic than other restaurants. My carbonara was delicious and cooked to a perfect al dente. My party enjoyed our experience thoroughly and would consider this place worth every penny.

There are newer reviews for Chipotle Mexican Grill

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Has a nice environment and a great wait staff but the food was not the greatest. I ended up sick the next morning. It was either because they put too much garlic or something else was going on with the food. I know it had something to do with the food because I was only sick that following morning. It was ashame to pay that much for food you end up getting sick from (and not get to sightsee that morning). Carrabas is better by far.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have eaten in the Altamonte Springs, FL and Lake Mary, FL locations and have had good food in a clean environment. So, when I was in Tallahassee, FL I decided to try that Macaroni Grill.

What a mistake.

When my party was seated, the manager brought bread plates to the table-- they were wet. I asked for dry plates, so my bread would not get wet.
She brought a towel to the table and dried the plates there. The server brought water glasses, but one was so dirty that I had to return it for a clean one. Same with the tableware-- dirty from water or grease, could not tell.

We ordered our food and I had the sole. It arrived with one piece buried under the greens, and another piece draped over the top like a corpse--- and that is what it tasted like. Completely overcooked. The manager replaced that piece of fish with a new one. The calamari was served-- the pieces on top were hot, those inside were not.

The eggplant parmigiana was fried with pieces of unmelted cheese on top.

When we finished our disappointing meal, we noticed a young man at the adjacent table hurrying to the bathroom clutching his stomach.

After we left the restaurant, I found some Pepto Bismol to ease the stomachache that hit me within half an hour, too.

There are serious problems at this Macaroni Grill.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The atmosphere was nice, but I agree that is a better priced alternative, The food was hit & miss but fhe food was a miss for both my wife & I, Both dishes had far too much salt and mine the Chicken Scallopini was inconsistanty thrown together wwith cold tomatoes. Some waitresses were gossiping with us in between as if we weren't there which I considered very rude and demonstrates a careless attitude.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

How hard is it to cook decent pasta. Very overpriced. I think they try to make it look more expensive with the decor. Go to Olive Garden. At least you'll get twice as much food.