This means there are actually 7 worse hotel properties in Tallahassee. Kind of hard to imagine.
I'd seen so many negative reviews (I was forced to stay here by my employer), that I didn't think I had anything to add. But, I do.
Not as dirty as so many reviews would have it, in my opinion, but the service was abysmal. Normally that means the service was rude and uncaring. Not so here. The people were actually quite cheerful and pleasant. The service was simply totally uninformed and uninforming. When I asked for a doctor in the vicinity, I was told to use the phone book -- like an out-of-towner would have any idea who was nearby and who was 20 miles away by looking at addresses and phone numbers in a strange city. Has anyone here noticed that hotel stayers tend to be out-of-towners?
When I asked where I could buy some milk, I was told "We're new here; we don't know." How new would you have to be (unless you're a vegan, maybe) not to know where to buy milk? But even a vegan, or a non-smoker or a Mormon, working in a hotel, ought to be able to tell guests where to buy milk, cigarettes or alcohol. On the second day of my stay I knew where to buy milk. By the 3rd day I was a fount information compared to the owners and employees.
My room went uncleaned on the second day of the stay, as well. And they tried to blame it on me. This was the only case where I thought there was an attitude problem.
But the complete lack of knowledge of the neighborhood, even of the property, was appalling. They didn't know where the rooms were, had no lay-out plan of the property, and didn't think such information was necessary.
If this is the only place you can afford and/or if you have to be walking distance to FSU, it might suit you, but you will hardly go away satisfied, and will certainly try to figure out a way to avoid this property in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- University Inn & Suites is a limited service hotel located adjacent to Florida State University. We have all the amenities you would expect from a more expensive hotel for a reasonable rate. All rooms include complimentary bottled water and fresh fruit at check in, microwave/refrigerator, hairdryer, coffee maker, 25" television with premium channels, telephone, free wifi, free parking, clock radio, and fantastic customer service. We have recently refreshed our guest bathrooms with new granite vanities and refinished tubs and showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your University Inn & Suites Tallahassee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- University Inn And Suites Tallahassee
- University Inn & Suites Tallahassee Hotel Tallahassee
- University Hotel Tallahassee