“Nice addition to Tallahassee”

Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed October 27, 2010

It is great to have more choices to stay when traveling to Tallahassee. The rooms were nice and the service was great. They even have valet parking services that made my stay effortless. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Noleone, General Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on your TripAdvisor posting of October 27, 2010. We are thrilled to be able to offer an upscale choice when travelling on business or pleasure to Tallahassee's capital city.

Our staff takes a great deal of pride in our product and we are committed to providing quality customer service.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Duval. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would love to both meet you and welcome you back personally.

Kind regards,

Marc B. Bauer

Reviewed October 24, 2010

I hadn't been to Tally in a few years and was plesantly surprised that I finally have a 1st rate hotel to stay it.
The experience started when I first pulled up and my wife and I were greeted by two very attentive valet attendants. They helped us unload our bags and were both very friendly. Once inside the front desk matched the high standard already set by the valet. The young lately was very helpful and our check-in was quick and painless.
The lobby was beautiful, very trendy, and was totally unlike any hotel I have stayed at in Tallahassee. I felt like I was standing in a sobe hotel.

The rest of our stay was equal to our arrival. The room was very clean and modern. The touch screen computer monitor was cool and was internet ready. That evening we went up to Level 8 (their rooftop lounge) and had a couple of happy hour cocktails before heading out for the evening.

We could not have been any more pleased with the experience and we have found our "new favorite resort" in Tallahassee!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Hotel Duval is the newest swanky hotel in the center of town is easy to find. The service staff gave the southern hospitality always with a smile. They are well trained in using the guest name. The guest rooms are super comfortable and the pillows mould to your head. Feels almost better than home. Shula's 347 steak resturant and the hotel resturant LaRoc both ROCK. Attention to detail in every way with genuine cordial staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

We recently stayed at Hotel Duval for a night and we thought it was great, we normally stay at a different Marriott property in Tallahassee every week but since my girlfriend wanted to try this hotel we decided to redeem one of our Marriott rewards night and do so.
The room was a little smaller than what we are used to but the decor was fantastic, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very nicely done. The ICE system really gave a modern touch to guest request processing (Actually being a consultant for a time share resort management company I brought it up at a board meeting, very impressive) just before I went to bed I was able to request my car and a wake up call for the next day, very convenient. The staff was very nice and we were given a late check out as I had a meeting the next morning that was running a bit late.
Although we have been to level 8 before, I can honestly say that is the best place for young professionals to hang out, I can only compare it to a Blue Martini location.

You really have turned the place around, I would have never considered stayed there when it was a Park Inn (I believe that was the old name) great operation!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Having gone to school years ago at FSU and having visited numerous time since then, I knew the hotel options in town were limited for quality hotels. The Hotel Duval, now part of the Marriott family, looked to be a new and interesting option. It is located relatively close to campus and is downtown. The neighborhood around it is not great, but I felt pretty safe to run from the hotel to campus and beyond. I would not feel comfortable at night. The lobby is tasteful. The front desk staff was not very friendly, but weer adequate. There is a mandatory $12 a night parking charge, which does not seem right for a hotel in Tallahassee. The fitness room is small. There is a Shula's restaurant in the hotel with top notch food and drinks. There is a hip and elegant bar and patio on the top floor overlooking all of downtown. It was actually very nice. I had a premier King room. The bathroom was small, but I greatly liked the stones lining the bottom of the overhead shower. It was like nothing I ever felt before. The room had a refrigerator. The bed was comfortable. I was on a lower floor despite asking for a higher floor, and there was a good amount of noise outside that I heard at different times throughout the night. There is not nearly enough lighting in the room for a business traveler as all of the lights are very soft and dim. There is a large flat screen TV, but it unfortunately does not move so a business traveler sitting at the desk could see it easily. All in all, it is a hotel in Tallahassee worth trying, despite any shortcomings it may have.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

It is always interesting to me to read hotel reviews on Trip Advisor. The superfluity of critiques for enjoying or detesting a venue is of great amusement and insight to me.

Traveling extensively throughout my life, I've always considered.... genuine sincere service..... above everything. So it is especially enjoyable when great service coincides with a hotel with beautiful amenities. This can be found at the Hotel Duval in Tallahassee. There is no other place in Tallahassee, that you can get a great steak (Shula's), great service and accommodations, and enjoy a romantic evening with a terrific view (Level 8) than the Hotel Duval. Tallahassee finally has a great hotel.

Len Strom

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Noleone, General Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your very sincere review of Hotel Duval. Today marks our first anniversary of operation. We had a vision before we opened the hotel and that vision was to hire hospitable people and not necessarily hospitality people. Your review is an affirmation that our vision was a winning approach.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and welcome you to contact my office directly if I can ever be of assistance to you or any of your clients.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Marc B. Bauer

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Although Tallahassee is more known for the brick buildings and FSU than it is for the city life or fashion, The Hotel Duval offers a nice urban escape while still providing a comfortable atmosphere. Offering a nice change from the consistent brick you see around town, the valet area is decorated with a sleek modern stone look; and from that moment on, it is obvious that the designers of this hotel thought out every little detail. The doors that lead into the lobby from the valet area are not even your typical automatic doors.

Staying true to the property's uniqueness, the staff was amazingly professional while being exceptionally friendly at the same time (too many times in an upscale property, you find the staff to be "stuffy"). This wonderful service was portrayed in all levels of staff from the room service staff all the way up to the General Manager and his Director of Sales.

A couple of my favorites about the property:
- After checking in, I was offered a complimentary bottle of water
- Each floor of the hotel is a different theme and different "scent"
- The room service uniforms are adorable black dresses (for the females of course) from French Connection (adorable yet professional and trendy!)
- The staff!!!

There are so many wonderful and unique things about this property that this review could go on and on, so instead of just reading about it, I suggest you go experience it :)

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business