All reviews rooftop bar shula's restaurant sliding glass rain shower valet staff shower head the entire hotel king room downtown tallahassee great customer service i highly recommend this hotel floor ciara frosted tally fsu tile
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I just wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation to Rueben who staffs the rewards lounge for breakfast every morning. He is most helpful and pleasant and bends over backwards for all those who avail themselves of the morning breakfast in the mahogany room lounge.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2018

The room was nice I was barely in it because we were in and out doing events with friends and family. But some how we were accused of smoking in the room and this matter was handled poorly we asked for a supervisor and filed a complaint and have yet to hear from anyone. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again I don't care how nice it appears customer service over rides everything and they failed terribly in this department.

Room Tip: If you want value for your money I wouldn't stay here, honestly if you value customer service as much as I do. Just my opinion.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Arthur H, General Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear Traveling Aura M,

On behalf of the staff of Hotel Duval, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for how the situation you experienced was handled. Please reach out to me personally so that we can discuss in detail how you felt the situation was poorly handled, and I would be happy to open up a discussion about how we can improve in the future.

As always, thank you for staying with us at Hotel Duval.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Really liked the hotel. It’s classy and chic. The staff are super helpful. Must single out Demarcus who moved us, on our request. There was road works on the Main Street (completely outside the control of the hotel) and he was at pains to make sure the new room was on the other side of the hotel. Thank you. That said, in the first new room, the huge headboard fell off as my child got into bed! We were re-roomed immediately. Must single out Frank too, as he was massively helpful and friendly at breakfast. Valet staff (sorry, I don’t have their names) were outstanding. The rooms in general could do with a good vacuum!! One of the carpets had bacon bits all over it, and our bathroom floor was begging for a good clean!
Overall, great, some rooms just need a good clean. Would stay again

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2018

The staff was fantastic and the hotel was very nice. Rooms were very well appointed and the Lobby was upscale contemporary luxury, a very nice touch for Tallahassee. The on-site premium restaurant provided excellent food and service. Rooftop bar is a great place to visit.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the top floors with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Came in to Tallahassee to see some mixed martial arts with some buddies of mine. Me and my coach decided to stay at the Hotel Duval. Because I was not familiar with the area, he actually recommended the hotel based on a recommendation from his wife. I was immediately impressed, the valet service was well run right from the start , I then noticed how nice the lobby area was in everything was just so well put together. The front desk was very efficient in our check in to our rooms , And then of course there were the rooms themselves which were very nicely appointed and very comfortable. Then I met my buddy at the restaurant downstairs for a quick dinner before the fights, it was an upscale steakhouse called Shula‘s, we went to the bar area and had some drinks and he had A tuna salad that he said was delicious and it looked like it was delicious. I had a hamburger, not something I have very often, and I can honestly say it may have been one of the best hamburgers I have ever had, and that is a pretty big statement considering I’ve eaten at restaurants all over the country. The staff at the restaurant couldn’t of been nicer, total professionals all the way, and that it would be including everybody I’ve dealt with at the entire hotel. It was just a really good experience in the room rates were completely reasonable for such a nice hotel, in fact I would’ve gladly paid more than I have paid more for hotels like that so I really felt there was a lot of value which is of course always a nice plus. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends