“Great Stay and Staff”

Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Great Stay and Staff”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were down in Tally for a quick weekend class reunion and the stay was great. The rooms were modern with an interesting shower. Interesting as in frosted glass to create privacy and a shower that is, lack of a better word... "Awesome".

The staff for the reunion was on point and accommodating. Definitely a good place to stay in Tally

Room Tip: When taking a shower turn the A/C to cancel out the steam if not it will cause the fire alarm to sou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Oddjobinc,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to see that you had a great time over the weekend reliving memories from the past.

We are hopeful that you keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located close to FL Legislature, FSU, restaurants, sights and hospitals. Located right off of main road, so easy access in and out. No self parking, but valet parking is offered, which is nice. Service was excellent! The Rooms were clean with European design flare. The bed was soft and extremely comfortable. Rooftop bar amazing atmosphere, and Shula's restaurant top-notch food and service. Stayed here for business, and Will definitely stay here again. Hotel is a Marriott property, so good to stay here for hotel points. This hotel property was recommended to me, and I'm passing on the referral. I travel a lot for work, and I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear airgirl6,

We kindly thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Hotel Duval. It looks like you were able to experience a few of our outlets during your stay, and we hope that you check out the rest of the Hunter and Harp collection the next time you visit.

Until next time,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great Customer service, Very clean. Very cool roof top bar. The Staff is excellent, and very friendly. Overall, great place to stay in Tallahassee. The hotel is very close to FSU, and getting in and out is a breeze.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rachael H
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Rachel H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at Hotel Duval. Your kind words are most appreciated by the team. We hope that you come see us again should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee.

Until next time,

plantaion
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a beautiful room and great experience. We will stay again when visiting our son at FSU. Very friendly staff. Great food. The bar on top of hotel was lots of fun too. The organic touch with the breakfast food was great. Our waitress was super nice too.

Room Tip: We had a corner room. So it was large.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear chefmompam,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Duval. It looks like we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay, and we look forward to seeing you over the next 4-6 years, depending on which route your son chooses to take through school. We'll see you again soon.

Best,

Hotel Duval
Bagdad, KY
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I was thrilled to check in at this hotel with its chic lobby - it reminded me of boutique hotels in DC that I love. There was a certain Je ne said pas eau de locker room smell in my room from the humidity, but the desk set up was excellent, the shower was fabulous (after I smashed the spider living in my bathmat) and the bed was DIVINE. I did think it was a little odd that I was in and out of valet parking 7 times in 3 days and every time they asked me if I was checking in. And just don't bother waiting for table service for a drink at the roof top bar - just go get your drink at the bar like the rest of us while the trendy waitress chats with couples. The service at Le Roc was iffy but the food was excellent.

I have to admit the trade-offs were beginning to take their toll when I got the bill on my last morning, and found the rate was 40% higher for two nights than the rate I was quoted when I booked the stay thought my corporate travel service. Since it's a Marriott affiliate, I have to admit I expected an adjustment when I asked about it at the front desk. However, it took the first staff member the 20 minutes I spent eating breakfast to research the fact that, why yes, indeed there was a difference between the first night and the next two. Because....Sunday was Sunday and Monday and Tuesday aren't.

I then talked to the Manager, I'ssha Scott, who had me standing around for 10 minutes while she puzzled out the exact same finding. We agreed that I would send her my confirmed itinerary, which I did almost a week ago. Not only did I not get a response, but I did not even get an acknowledgement of my email. When I left - you guessed it, the Valet staff asked if I was checking in.

So appearances to the contrary, the Hotel Duval is really a Marriott wannabe. As for me, I'll stick to the real thing the next time I'm in Tallahassee.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear cindy_weinmann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Hotel Duval. It is always our goal to exceed the expectations of every guest, and I am truly sorry that we were not able to exceed yours.

In reading your review, it appears that we do have some opportunities for improvement, and I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. I have already addressed these issues with each department manager to ensure that they do not happen again.

I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience at check out. I too would question my folio if the rate was 40% higher on the second and third night. I was able to review the confirmation that you forwarded along to Ms. Scott, and in doing so, I was able to locate the verbiage in the confirmation that states that the rate did increase to a specific rate starting on the Monday of your stay. I am sorry for any confusion that this led to and would be happy to phone the company you booked through and ask that they provide more clarity in their confirmation letters.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, and I invite you to contact me directly so I may personally facilitate your reservation.

jroberts@hotelduval.com
850.224.6131
Grand Cayman
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here a few times and always excellent service. Love the "trendy" feel of the hotel. Highlight is definitely the Level 8 lounge. Definitely the place to stay if you want to be able to go have a few drinks and enjoy yourself even if you don't know anyone in Tallahassee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tina-del-mar,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the experiences you have had at our hotel and Level 8. I must say that I completely agree that Hotel Duval is THE place to stay when visiting Tallahassee.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Chicago
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I travel quite a bit and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with the hotel and the staff. First, the staff is incredible! There wasn't one person who worked that wasn't friendly, welcoming, and genuine. They all went out of their way. I've never encountered a staff that all seemed to like their jobs as much. I would never stay at another hotel in Tally.

My room was beautiful and very comfortable. I loved the bedding, the bathroom, and the big tv. My only complaint is that it took a bit for the shower to get warm. Otherwise it was perfect.

I enjoyed the terrace bar and the cafe in the lobby. I'm looking forward to going back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear EGliz1022,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Your comments and words about the staff are greatly appreciative, and it goes to show that hard work does not go unnoticed.

The next time you are back in from Chicago we hope to see you here.