“Beware, nice hotel but we were billed for someone elses bar tap $260.”

Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice modern style hotel in central Tallahassee. But when extra charges were added to our bill to tune of $260 for drinks we never had, the front desk said they couldn't do anything for us. Fortunately we had charge receipt proving we were at another restaurant when bar charges incurred. So eventually corrected after a painful process. Recommend stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear dyns349,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the painful checkout experience that you endured.

I will be certain to meet with our front office team to preclude a similar incident from occurring moving forward. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I travel for business every week and really rely on the reviews to determine where I stay...

Hotel is nice.... I was a bit disappointed with the rooms.
I was on the 7th floor close to the stairwell...
I could hear that door slamming throughout the night, my room really smelled like a restaurant. The vents from Shulas must have been close to my room or something, it was gross, and the carpet was really dirty.
My biggest complaint was the airconditioning unit... It kept me up ALL night... It is an LG unit, and it was a nighmare.
Other than those small things, all in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Ames3778,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is something that we take very seriously as it is our number one tool of continuously improving our service levels.

Our engineering team is going to test all of the doors leading to the stairwells to ensure that they are properly calibrated to make certain that they will not slam moving forward should someone enter/exit through them. We also have our housekeeping and engineering teams working together to address any and all carpet issues We are also looking at some alternatives to the LG a/c units that are currently in our guest rooms, so I can assure you that if we can make an improvement there, it will be done.

We are happy to hear you report that all in all, it was in fact a good stay. We hope that you keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee. Should you stay with us again, please contact my office directly so I may personally facilitate your reservation to ensure a problem free stay.

(p) 850.224.6131
(e) jroberts@hotelduval.com

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My recent stay at the Hotel Duval was wonderful. The best thing about it? The staff! Everyone was so accommodating and friendly, from the Valet, to the bell men, to the front desk. A special thank you to the hostesses and staff of Shula's, the hotel restaurant. I was there to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday, and I had baked her favorite cake and purchased a balloon. They willingly placed the balloon at our table and surprised my daughter with the cake I gave complete with the with 21 candles had placed on it!
I highly recommend the hotel and the restaurant, and I look forward to my return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear tebwilliams,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone who uses tripadvisor as a resource.

We are grateful that you chose Hotel Duval and Shula's to celebrate your daughter's special day. All of us are happy to hear that it was a huge success and that she had a great time.

Come see us again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

What a fantastic experience. My wife & I travel to our beach house, on the Gulf, several times a year & we usually stop off in Tallahassee, so that we can grocery shop , then get to th beach early the next day. I had been wanting to eat at Don Shula's Restaurant, so it only made sense to stay in the hotel in which it was housed. Well, the restaurant turned out to be everything that we had hoped for and The Duval Hotel wildly exceeded our expectations. From reception, bell staff, parking valets, housekeepers, everyone was exceptional. I don't know how many stars they have, but they are 5 star in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear bulldogron,

It's great to hear that you finally stopped and dined at Shula's. Honestly, I don't know how you were able to drive past it all these times without giving it a try.

The team is happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations as that is always our goal. We will be sure to post your review on our "Good News Board" in our associate break room. Hopefully you will make this a regular stop along your way to the beach.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

From staff to valet an incredible experience! The rooms are lovely, clean, the bath products top shelf, the bed incredible, all the amenities were exceptional! The staff caters to your every need. Location the super convenient !!! The valet one of the best!!!!!!! They really went out of their way for us! Were we really in Tallahassee? You could of fooled me?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NYCDPM
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We go to Tallahassee several times a year to see an FSU football game and meet with a client. Often we stay at the Hotel Duval, but until last month we hadn't stayed at the Duval in almost a year. Last month we returned to the Duval and there were some changes, most notably they replaced the Pascal Morabito toiletries with a different brand that doesn't smell nearly as good as the PM stuff.

When we checked out, the guy at the front desk asked for my feedback about our stay. I mentioned that the lack of PM toiletries was a disappointment, but that all of the employees were top notch in giving superior service.

Today I received a large FedEx package from the Duval. Inside the package was a handwritten thank you note for my feedback and a complete collection of PM toiletries.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas G
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Thomas G,

We appreciate your feedback, and it's great to hear that you received the package we mailed out. I must agree with your point about the little things - I too believe that this is what can really set places apart from one another.

We have not made the switch back the the Pascal Morabito amenity line, but have moved to a new one since your most recent stay, Pure by Gloss, and the transition is actually taking place this week.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised on my first stay at Duval. Good location near the capital. Very trendy and great staff of good looking young people. Up on top floor is a great bar with live music and view of downtown. Food was good as well. Valet parking is mandatory. Breakfast room had slow service but food was good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have best view.