Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
  • Breakfast included
$120
$110
$99
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$55
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$98
$93
BestWestern.com
$124
$104
Aloft.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barshula's restaurantlevel loungerain showerfrosted glassboutique hotelvalet staffrooms are smalltraveling aloneshower headthe entire hotelking roomdowntown tallahasseegreat customer servicethe general managerfloorciara
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Hotel Duval on a recent weekend trip to visit friends in Tallahassee. All of the staff was courteous and professional and the room was immaculate. The bellman Chris drove our group of four to a near by restaurant in the hotel's shuttle vehicle rather than make us wait for a taxi! And one of the young valets was nice enough to do the same thing (in his own car!) for me when i needed to go retrieve our vehicle from a friends house! The room was great with a nice view of the skyline. Level 8, the rooftop bar was an awesome place to catch the sunset.

2  Thank BossGass
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently spent the weekend at the Hotel Duval. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The Hotel was very trendy and unique and had many particularly quirky features. We stayed in a King room and the bed was great. In fact, we felt it was larger than a king. The bathroom was small and was built more for style, than for practical use. A fogged glass door that is open at the top and bottom is all that separates the room from the bathroom.

If you have the chance to ask for an upper floor room, demand it. When booking on-line I was given that option, but my request was not granted. We were on the 2nd floor, right next to the street and were awoken by sirens repeatedly at night. I'm sure it was much quieter on upper floors or on the opposite side of the hotel.

During your stay, make sure to visit the top floor. The rooftop lounge has beautiful views and a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Request upper floor and non-N. Monroe Street facing room
1  Thank K A
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I planned a surprise night away for my wife and I to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have 2 kids and Tallahassee was far enough away but not too far.

I had reservations for the Emerald Suite. However when we arrived it was not ready. We waited perhaps 4 minutes for them to check on it. While we were waiting they went and got my wife an iced coffee from Starbucks. Right after handing her the coffee, they decided to upgrade us to the Diamond Suite (presidential suite). The Diamond Suite was spectacular. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. The room and its view are simply amazing. If I ever go back with my wife, we will stay in the Diamond Suite.

I assume that because they knew it was our Anniversary, they sent up Chocolate dipped strawberries. We ate at Shulas 347 Grill. They had our table labeled "Wedding Anniversary." After our meal they comped us a free desert for our anniversary.

The entire experience was amazing. The people, the room, the food and everything couldn't have been better. I highly recommend for that romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Great View in the Diamond Suite on 7th Floor.
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Clean hotel, set up nicely for business. The queen suite was well appointed - there was a little bit of a musty smell but with the humidity of Tallahassee it is probably just the humidity. It was a large room with a separate bedroom. The bathroom was clean and nice. There was a old tuxedo bag on the floor of the closet but that was the only issue as far as cleanliness I saw. The wireless worked great and it had the normal amenities. The staff was very friendly and the transportation to the airport was excellent. Here is the caveat - this hotel is very contemporary - too contemporary for Tallahassee. If that is going to be an issue you may want to pass. And ask for a room away from the elevator - I was around the corner and you could still hear it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here for business making a reservation through Marriott. Not at all a Marriott property. It is an old hotel that is dressed up in a very contemporary way. Oddball furniture and look. The room was musty smelling and had a strange set up. Not a very comfortable place to stay. There have to be better options in town.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Flyboy23
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear MNPilot,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Hotel Duval. We, along with the Autograph Collection, prefer the term unique to weird. The Autograph Collection is a new concept Marriott is rolling out to give travelers a different, more unique experience when traveling if they wish to move away from the normal "cookie cutter" hotels. I invite you to check out the Collection to see if it will in fact suite your travel needs. I will be sure to investigate the "musty" smell in your particular room.

Best,