All reviews waffles stay there again desk staff hj microwave clerk
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This hotel was great for the money. The staff was very friendly and helpful- I got directions all over town! The room we stayed in looked like the bed spreads were pretty new, and the granite counters made it look really nice. Overall, it was a clean room in a quiet area, and I got some much needed rest.

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jrabbit08
Reviewed January 1, 2008

I stayed at this Howard Johnson with my mom and my young child. The room was very clean and the service was simply excellent. It is pretty close to everything, including a shopping mall (about a 20 minute walk).

The continental breakfast included was also fine. If you need to go for work, or even FSU, I would say "Go for it". The area seemed safe to me, and for the price you are paying, you can't go wrong.

I would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2007
2  Thank MontrealNotredame
Reviewed January 2, 2006

This hotel takes pets of any size for an additional $10/pet. Rooms were basic but clean and good sized. There's exterior hallways, so you do get some noise from the street. Linens were clean, but the pillows are thin. There's a microwave/fridge in the room; I used the fridge and it was clean and cold.

We had a room with a king bed; the room was very large, with a sitting area with a small sofa and a coffee table.

There's a free continental breakfast in the morning, but it's not worth walking to the lobby to get it.

Like most HoJo's, this hotel has a little wear on it, but for a good night's sleep after a long drive it's worth the price paid.

Date of stay: December 2005
1  Thank Snarky
Reviewed March 21, 2004

It wasn't the best hotel I've stayed in for sure, but it wasn't too bad either. The location was great - close to pretty much everything. The beds were comfortable. The property seemed pretty old - but other than that it was ok.

1  Thank Meander12082
Reviewed July 9, 2003

Horrible, horrible hotel! Smelled of smoke and urine in non smoking rooms. rooms were dirty. When asked for different, better rooms, have to pay extra money. Air conditioning not working in room, no towels.
When we did get our towels we watched as the maid dropped them on the dirty cement before still giving them to us, as dirty and wrinkled as they were. Continental breakfast was very tiny. Only consisted of milk, coffee, about 3 donuts. (and this was before other people could get to it!) Coudn't stand the smell of the cleaning carts, or there cleaning solutions. Would NEVER go there EVER again.

2  Thank FellowTraveler5594