“Premier customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Governors Inn
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Premier customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed here for one night, just some place to lay my head after taking an exam, but they have left me wishing I had another week here. Perhaps it's just the comfortable bed that's allowing me to finally relax from the constant hustle and bustle from the every day life, or maybe it's the extremely friendly staff who talk to you as if you're old buddies, but they sure know how to separate themselves from their competitors. I will most defiantly come back, but for a vacation next time. I have to admit I was not expecting the kind of stay I had! When I left for my exam they wished me luck and upon my arrival back they asked how it went, when I told them I passed I received high fives and a congrats, and since I'm away from friends and family and can't celebrate with them, it was 100% appreciated. I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice room here only problem was the dustbin lorry which arrived very early across the road, we"ll ask for a room at the front next time. Nice bathroom, well equipped room with wifi and comfortable bed.
Staff very nice and helpful. Would stay here again when visiting FSU, an easy walk to the campus.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank passeportLondon
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Governors Inn a few weeks ago. I don't normally write reviews but the exceptional service prompted me to do so! Upon arriving we were greeted by Kaleb who was extremely polite and made sure we had everything we needed. We stayed in an executive suite at the far end of the hotel, 2nd floor. He carried our bags, brought extra bedding, served us a complimentary glass of wine (even though we had missed the happy hour by a little bit). We had no problems with noise, as another reviewed mentioned, even though there is a busy restaurant/bar across the street, we never heard a thing. The executive suite was great! High ceilings, plenty of room, 2 tvs, fridge, plenty of extra bedding. The best thing was CEILING FANS! We are from Florida, and can't live without them! For the same cost as a double bed room at the Doubletree next door, we stayed in this huge executive suite, and loved it! Will be staying here again soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank beth b
Pensacola, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Front desk and valet staff are above average in hospitality! The location can't be beat if you have any business at or around the Capitol. I was able to walk everywhere I had to go and the room had a loaner umbrella when I left mine in the car!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Coral Gables, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

There are few hotels close enough to walk 2 blocks to the Capitol, House & Sen. Office bldgs. My favorite among them is Gov. Inn. It's an old fashioned hotel, the rooms are named for each of Florida's many governors and the furnishing/decor is like a B & B. I had a suite on the 3rd floor, which would suck if you had heavy luggage but no problem for an overnight stay. They really could benefit from an elevator. My bed was terrific and the room was spacious, you're not gonna find a 4-poster bed like I had, in a chain motel. The rooms are all different layout and furnishings, no cookie cutter approach here. The bathroom was also big and well designed. It takes a bit for the hot water to reach, no big deal. My only regret was how hectic my legislative visit schedule was and how little time it gave me to enjoy my room. Up on this floor, you don't get any noise from the downstairs bar. The one thing I did notice has been downgraded is their breakfast. It used to feature eggs, bacon, etc. but now it's breads (incl. great asst. bagels), cereal and yogurt. There's also only 1 table for 4 and no other place to sit for breakfast. Luckily, it was just myself and a guy reading his email. I guess the bar would be a good alternate if it's busy. What is still as exceptional as always is the staff & service. They do meet and exceed your needs. The Gov. Inn is not cheap, but neither are the Doubletree or Aloft, their competition. For the $ and the convenience of being close to my venues, it's a worthwhile deal.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is best, my room was 302 and there are several more like it on that floor. The rooms close...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank 2thdoc33133
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I always enjoy my stay at The Governors Inn. The 27th annual Tallahassee Winter Festival was this past weekend and though I am a local, I reserved a room at Governors Inn so that I could experience all that downtown had to offer. I wouldn't change a thing!!
I've already reserved a room for New Years Eve! See you soon.

Room Tip: The Loft Rooms are the most unique. There's a real fire place, a private balcony and a spiral st...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

First off the service was great. The valets and front desk will go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable as well as being nice people any way. The rooms aren't quite as new as some of the other hotels in Tallahassee, but nice considering it was there before most hotels in Tallahassee. If you are looking for something different than your average chain hotel, this is a great small boutique.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business