Governors Inn
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
$127
$99
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$55
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$98
$93
BestWestern.com
$124
$104
Aloft.com
  • Pool
All reviewsno elevatorcocktail hourquaint hotelstep stoolthe complimentary happy hourcourtyard roompremier propertyinfused watervalet servicebars and restaurantschain hotelsvalet parking iswithin walking distancedirectly across the streetmanager's receptiongreeted warmlyfootball weekend
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was my second visit to the Governor's Inn in Tallahassee and my week there was just great! The staff and the accomodations did not disappoint! The rooms are so inviting and you fell as if you are at home. The staff was there for any request that I had and the hotel close to every meeting that I had including my office. I hope to return very soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Being able to see the Capitol building from the lobby alone would be enough to make The Governors Inn one of the most convenient lodging establishments I have ever visited. The rooms resemble guest rooms rather than the standard polyester hotel rooms. The new mattresses, new irons, and spotless bathrooms met every expectation for an experienced traveler, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover the universal cell phone attachment on the clock radio. (No falling asleep terrified that I had set the alarm clock incorrectly, or listening to bad fm radio while working on paperwork!)

But, it is because of the staff at the Inn that I find myself making skipping Expedia to make reservations far in advance. My first stay exemplified the individual treatment that is standard at the Inn. Traveling alone as a woman creates unique challenges. But, from the managers, to the owner, to the (clearly college kids) working at the front desk and valet parking my car, they eliminated any concerns I might have had, many before I had even thought about. Immediately upon pulling in to the valet parking at the inn, a polite valet hoisted my luggage out of the trunk, while inquiring about what time I would be needing it the next day. While checking in, my luggage was moving ahead of me to its room. The girl processing my check in asked if I had eaten dinner, gently informing me that the restaurants closed within the hour, and handed me 6 menu's, before volunteering to have the dinner sent to my room with a glass of wine, and offering to schedule a wakeup call.
The staff at the Inn saved this exhausted traveler an uneasy trip to a darkened parking garage, an uncomfortable late dinner alone, and the traditional hoisting of the suitcase. After delivering my dinner, I inquired about my destination the next morning (it was two blocks away), and he actually volunteered to have someone walk me there to ensure that I did not get lost. Subsequent stays have convinced me that this standard of service is actually the norm at the Inn. Visits to other Tallahassee hotels, The DoubleTree and The Duval (they are discounted for a reason!) have only convinced me further that the Inn lacks any competition for quality, comfort and service.

Room Tip: Ask the staff which room they recommend!
1  Thank Allison L
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have several cases pending in the Leon County Circuit Court and must travel to Tallahassee on an as-needed basis for hearings and depositions. I stay at the Governor's Inn because I can generally book a room at the last minute and then walk to the Courthouse. The rooms are always immaculate and the staff is very attentive. I recommend the Inn to anyone who has business in downtown Tallahassee.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My stay at the Governors Inn was one of my best experiences staying at a hotel. The amenities and concierge service they offer are wonderful. The Manager's Reception or "cocktail hour" was one of my favorite features. I was able to enjoy free cocktails with fellow guests and get to know them as well as the staff. The wonderful beds and friendly staff made my stay relaxing and pleasurable.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

You can't find a better place to stay when visiting Tallahassee than the Governor's Inn. From the minute you pull up and are greated by the Valet, to the turn down service at night - everything is more than should be expected. It was also a pleasure to attend the manager's reception, where not only do you enjoy complimentary appetizers and cocktails - you also have a chance to meet the manager and some of the staff. The guest rooms are very well appointed and they make one feel right at home. The location is perfect - close to everything you would want to do during your stay in the capitol city. The concierge was very helpful in suggesting places to visit and local restaurants. I will definitely return - next time I visit Tallahassee.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends