Days Inn Tallahassee University Center
  • Breakfast included
$120
$110
$124
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$55
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$98
$93
BestWestern.com
$124
$104
Aloft.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I am a social worker and had to find a hotel for one of my client's to stay in the night she and her 6 week old child left her abusive husband. I have never received such horrible service from any hotel staff! They were very rude to me and my client and had absolutely no compassion for her situation. The next day I asked for a one hour later check-out time because we were still trying to get her into the shelter for battered women and they told me that they would charge me for half a day if we were one minute late. I explained the crisis situation we were in and they would not budge. They also overcharged me for a dog fee even though we had already paid the dog fee online. After we had checked out the second day, I received a call from the manager stating that my client had stolen a blanket and he was charging my credit card $50 and calling the police. My client had not stolen a blanket and I told him he could search our car, but he hung up on me. Needless to say, I have never been treated with such disrespect and I will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank aew02f
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Bad oders; dirty and disgusting; terrible customer service; bad area.
We felt very unsecured. This is a nightmare; I would not stay here even for free.
STAY AWAY .. sleep in your car, if needed but don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2008

First off, I am a student at FSU. I tour hotels in town regularly to advise for friends and family who visit frequently on dumps to avoid, and places that are decent. Despite what the other reviewers say, this hotel is not a dump. I guarantee that the Holiday Inn Select downtown has worse rooms (and charges you a great deal more). It has a very tight lobby area, and decor is basic, but is pretty clean, especially considering this is an older property. The staff is quite nice, a friendly Indian family, and allowed me to view several rooms on behalf of my aforementioned family and friends. The rooms are a bit dated, but are spacious and well designed. Some interesting design features include: Interior corridors, two separate sinks (one inside bathroom), vaulted ceilings on second floor rooms, and a bedside control panel for room lighting (in some rooms). Some rooms are better than others, although the furniture all seems to be fairly recent (mid 90's or later, cherry finish in most). The rooms on the bottom floor are smaller, but have sliders to access the pool. The location is what you pay for at this days inn. In addition to being across from FSU, there are literally ten sandwich shops/ pizza places/ other eating places all within the same block. My advice is to try Shane's Rib Shack, or Momo's Pizza next door. The breakfast at the hotel is laughable, but the coffee is good. I would say give it a try if you just want an ok room, and a superb location. My tip: ask for a second floor room. If you are concerned about cleanliness, ask to see the room first. Is it the ritz? No way...but who can argue when its half the price of others which really aren't any better.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Hollister_Boi85
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I thought "how bad could it be" and it will just be myself as my daughter was staying at FSU for orientation 2008. I was soooo wrong. Do NOT stay at this hotel. I have stayed at some dumps, butthis place was very bad. I left as soon as I could. The money saved is NOT worth it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2007

My Family of and I stayed at Days Inn Tallahassee University Center for 2 nights. I have to say it was terrible, we had multiple problems with our Room. When we first walked in the Room the A/C was Off, the room was hot and we could Smell a Bad Odor.The first night the A/C & Toilet kept us awake with the Loud Noise, the next night the Toilet would not Flush. The rooms sliding glass door would barely slide open and shut, the refrigerator did not keep our drinks very cold, Bathroom wasn't very clean & Bathtub had lots of Mildew Stains.
We did ask to change to another room "a few times"but the owners said they didn't have anything available at that time.
I don't know how this Hotel can use the name Days Inn."The Standards must be Low"
Overall I would Rate this Stay one of the Worst.

Stayed: June 2007