“Would never stay here again no matter how cheap it was”

Days Inn Tallahassee University Center
Ranked #50 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tampa, Florida
“Would never stay here again no matter how cheap it was”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My daughter and I were attending FSU orientation and stayed only one of the two nights we had reserved and payed for. We arrived late at night for check in and upon trying to get into our room, the door would not open. The staff said that we had to turn the handle up because it was broken by guests - why it had not been fixed we do not know! As soon as we entered the room we were disgusted by how very dirty the room appeared to be. We did not even want to walk on the dark carpet with bare feet - felt sticky! The outdated floral bedspread was old and stained. I checked the mattress for evidence of bedbugs and there were specks of dust and dirt here and there (where you might find bedbugs), but was not completely assured these were not bugs. I did not see any live bugs. Alarm clock did not work. Did not feel this property is very well maintained and is probably just barely kept up to code (a bit questionable though!) Overall, the staff seemed friendly and helpful and the location is within walking distance to FSU - these are the only good things I can say about our visit. This hotel may only be good for the party crowd who come to the games and need to stumble back to their rooms after a long night of drinking.

Side note - I did not complain to the front desk about our visit, I really don't think it would have made a difference in how they manage their property. It would be nice if they put a little bit of money back into the place to make it a nicer stay for their guests!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I am an average traveler and thought this looked really nice on the internet and location was ideal. Yes the location was right across from FSU, that's the only good thing I can say. It is behind a restaurant and as we pulled up a "less than desireable" person was hanging out on the sidewalk giving me the creeps. Internet picture very deceiving.
The room left a lot to be desired. The window was wide-open, curtain half off the rod, rugs were stained and old and a few of the towels had black pieces of dirt. While sitting at the table a silverfish bug came crawling. The coffee pot basket was missing. While yes this is a very inexpensive motel, I just did not feel safe, a key factor for my family nor did I have any sense of cleanliness in this motel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tallahassee hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The only good thing about this hotel is its location (5 min from FSU).

It's dirty, some items in the room don't work (like alarm, room phone, etc.). Terribly kept and I didn't feel safe there.

I wouldn't return there even if it was for free.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
mrugeshjp, General Manager at Days Inn Tallahassee University Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay. We're sorry that our establishment did'nt meet your requirements.

We are one of the closest hotels to the University and very convenient to the University during events such as the football game you may attended this weekend. We work very hard to deliver the best price value proposition we can during high demand periods such as football games.

We would like to hear from our customers during the stay if they experience issues in service or product quality. We will address your concerns and make it right.

Thanks again and we hope you will give us another try.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 6, 2010

toilet seat was dirty, you could see dirty footprints on the carpet, broken window with the broken glass still in it, holes in the walls. rude and slow service. stayed six hours and charged me for a two night minimum. Never tell you this at check-in and not on any documents that you sign. Relative made these reservations for graduation weekend. I paid $400.00 just to get out of that place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear about your stay.

I recall this situation. As I recall you wanted to change your reservation after you arrived. The reservations you made were during a very busy weekend with very strict cancellation policies. Your relative may have forgotten to inform you of the policies before confirming the reservation. I recall you had several rooms. I don't recall a conversation about dirty room or holes in the wall. I do recall a conversation about a window being broke. I apologized for this.

We want our customers to have a comfortable and relaxing stay. Please advise staff if your experience isn't what you expected. We will do our very best to rectify any situation.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2010

BEWARE!!!

I would like to make you aware that room 202 has bed bugs. My sister and I stayed there on 3-19-10 and woke up with bed bugs in the bed. We caught the bugs and gave them to the front desk. They did not give us a refund. My sister has bite marks on her skin. The Inn Keepers were not understanding of our disappointment and denied there were bed bugs even though we had caught them and taken them to the front desk in a plastic bag

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Spintac
Dear Guests,

We take bed bugs very seriously and want to clear the record on this situation. When the guests in room 202 made us aware of potential bed bugs, we called our pest control company and had them inspect the room and take appropriate action to eliminate the problem. Our pest control company advised us that no bed bugs were found in this room. We also reported this incident to the customer service department at Days Inn so our record would remain clean. We were inspected by the State of Florida and no bed bugs found.

These are the facts.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Everything seemed filthy and stinky. From switches, to fire detectors, floors, chairs, bathroom... you just didn't want to touch anything if you didn't have to. You didn't want to touch the carpet barefoot for even a second. Main floor was non-smoking, upper floor smoking. Being non-smokers, we had access by patio sliding doors to outside, but the door lock was non-exisitent, and by the way it opened, it was impossible to brace. Did NOT feel safe in the room for a second of our stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HolidayRx
aew02f
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I am a social worker and had to find a hotel for one of my client's to stay in the night she and her 6 week old child left her abusive husband. I have never received such horrible service from any hotel staff! They were very rude to me and my client and had absolutely no compassion for her situation. The next day I asked for a one hour later check-out time because we were still trying to get her into the shelter for battered women and they told me that they would charge me for half a day if we were one minute late. I explained the crisis situation we were in and they would not budge. They also overcharged me for a dog fee even though we had already paid the dog fee online. After we had checked out the second day, I received a call from the manager stating that my client had stolen a blanket and he was charging my credit card $50 and calling the police. My client had not stolen a blanket and I told him he could search our car, but he hung up on me. Needless to say, I have never been treated with such disrespect and I will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business