“Looks kind of cheesy, but it's actually a pretty solid lunch spot”
Review of Super Perros

Super Perros
Ranked #220 of 815 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Casual style dining with the most variety and rich taste of Colombian Cuisine. Friendly staff will guide you through the menu. Colombian style Hamburgers and Hot Dogs are prepared with ingredients combined to produce a delicious taste.
Midwesterner007
“Looks kind of cheesy, but it's actually a pretty solid lunch spot”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Not thinking too much of a place that looks kind of like a glorified hot dog stand from the outside, we went there on recommendations of friends. The inside decor is comfortably dark with a muted Columbian style and, thankfully, the menu turned out to feature varied selections. Aside from the various authentic beverages you could order (including coffees), there were several chicken and beef entrees.

I ordered the chicken with rice, which I thought was well done. The fried yucca side was the best lightly fried version I've ever had. The waitstaff were friendly and attentive. The entrees were generous and very affordable. Although my spouse wasn't too thrilled with the ceviche, which was shrimp-based with too much sauce for his taste, we were intrigued enough by the selection to go back and try some of the other dishes.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Midwesterner007

Tallahassee
“I Wish I Had Discovered This Place Earlier”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Rapidly becoming my "go-to" place when I want to eat out.
I have eaten here 3 times (with family and friends) in the past 2 weeks.
Haven't tried the burgers which have been reviewed on TA, but I have sampled many of the chicken dishes...and have loved each one:

Chuleta de Pollo
Pollo a la Plancha
All the Arepa apetizers
Many of the daily specials

Meals don't come drowned with a lot of cheese like Mexican food. The "salsa" delivered to the table doesn't have a tomato base and is seasoned with habenero peppers instead of jalapanos....very tasty.

The place includes outdoor seating and seems to attract a variety of consumers, from State workers to University students.

Prices for meals range from about $6 to $15 and the super meals come with a lot of food.

They also serve many different salads and sides (some of which I am not familiar with such as salchipapas, tequenos, and aborrajados). I look forward to sampling each one!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank TallahasseeMark
Coral Springs, Florida
“A very nice surprise...”
Reviewed November 9, 2008

I didn’t expect much from this place. It advertises itself as Columbian fast food. As you walk in, there is a sign for some ridiculously cheap beer deal (something like 5 beers for $10). So, I was expecting bad, un-authentic Columbian food being consumed by the bunch of drunken college kids.

Instead, the food was excellent. It was very authentic (at least compared to the Columbian restaurants I used to visit when I lived in South Florida). Portions were big and served on really cool, colorful dishes. The prices were very reasonable.

We’ll definitely be back.

2 Thank mespy
Tallahassee, Florida
“The meals are made fresh...”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

The meals are made fresh to order. My experience with other Latin restaurants in town has been a mix of tasteless food and cold centers. This is a worth while visit.

1 Thank NatalieBTallahassee
Tallahassee, Florida
“Fun place with an interesting menu. While I am not a fan of their featured Columbian burgers and dogs, the rest of the...”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Fun place with an interesting menu. While I am not a fan of their featured Columbian burgers and dogs, the rest of the menu is excellent. The arepas and rellenos are super and the bean soup, when available, is delicious. Great service. Outdoor seating.

1 Thank DavidBTallahassee