Tripadvisor
Tallahassee
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews service road washer and dryer room was clean olive garden stayed here for two nights close to downtown doing business state capitol quiet location lobby area common areas front desk staff short stay great customer service free breakfast bistro capital
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2019

I stayed here for four nights on business. My room backed up to a woodsy area. The room was clean and quiet, although it could handle some updating. All in all, the stay was a typical Courtyard stay. I'd stay here again, but I will look around first.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Downtown/Capital, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2019

Dear scottpeth,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are grateful for your acknowledgment of the excellent service you received and the cleanliness of your room. Our focus is on providing our guests with an exceptional experience, so we appreciate all of your comments. We have taken note of the concerns you raised as we are continually striving to ensure a perfect visit for every guest. Thank you again for sharing, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2019

The Courtyard Marriott Tallahassee Downtown/Capital is a great option for a short-term stay in Tallahassee. We decided to stay in this location due to the nightly rate and its location. Even though it was a bit difficult to get an upgrade with my Titanium elite status (compared to other Courtyard Marriott hotels upon online check in), they were able to provide an upgrade from a regular guest room to a king suite upon checking in in person. The suite is spacious and provided as well Tea Tree products.

What I liked about this Courtyard Marriott is its ability to recover quickly in service. There were a few hiccups during our stay, where the internet connection may have been difficult to access or not enough amenities provided, but they were quickly to respond to those issues and solve them right away. Even the front desk agents were more than pleasant to deal with at all times. This is the way that hotels should be run.

This is definitely a good hotel to consider in the near future that provides comfort, a quiet environment, and great customer service. If I return to Tallahassee in the near future, I will make sure to stay here.

Room tip: Top Floor, Corner Room, Suite
Date of stay: December 2019
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Downtown/Capital, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Dear besca001,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard Tallahassee Downtown/Capitol for your short stay and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We are pleased that you loved our fantastic location, your well-appointed room and that our devoted associates took excellent care of you. We hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

Came here for a trade show. The place was nice looking as convenient for my venue. They staff was professional and available. My room was spotless and comfortable. I would recommend this place for small families and couples. Great location for a number of restaurants.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Downtown/Capital, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2019

Dear GSU320,

We are glad you chose Courtyard Tallahassee Downtown/Capitol while here for a trade show. It is good to know our location was convenient for your needs and that you were pleased with our friendly service and well-appointed accommodations. Thank you for recommending us, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

I decided to stay at this property bc of an upcoming trip with a business colleague and wanted to make sure the hotel would meet all needs and expectations. The biggest issue is the WiFi will not connect. Called the desk and was told others have called as well with the same problem. What’s bad is my phone and hotspot won’t connect either. I think it’s a location problem. The next morning the WiFi is working. So now I can do last nights work before I get back on the road. Bummer. My Verizon signal is 2 bars LTE but still will not process simple things. Something is blocking the signal. Probably the concrete walls. I have to have a guarantee of a WiFi signal at night or I’ll have to book rooms for my next longer stay elsewhere. Also, I hate the location of the TV. I have a krick in my neck from turning my head. Better book 2 queens instead of a king bed. Also, tiny refrigerator and no microwave. You have to go to the lobby or the elevator area to find a microwave oven. This sucks.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Downtown/Capital, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2019

Dear Nbafan2,

Thank you for sharing your evaluation and for choosing our hotel. We understand your frustration and extend our sincere apologies for the issues you had with connecting to our WiFi. We are also discouraged knowing that you felt you were lacking amenities essential to a successful stay, and encourage you to reach out to our front desk associates in the future so that we can provide any additional items we have available. Please be assured we take your concerns seriously and will follow up with our service provider to ensure that this was an isolated incident. We appreciate your patience, and hope to make it up to you on your next visit to Tallahassee.

Reviewed October 2, 2019

I stayed there for 2 nights when visiting my son in FSU. Very centrally located, with many restaurants near by. It was a nice stay over all. The property needs some updating. Looks nicer from the outside, but I was happy and will consider this hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2019
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Downtown/Capital, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Dear maddie170,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Courtyard Tallahassee Downtown/Capitol. We are pleased you had a comfortable stay and that you liked our well-maintained accommodations as well as the location near the restaurants. Our focus is on providing our guests with an exceptional experience, so we appreciate all of your comments. We have taken note of the concerns you raised as we are continually striving to ensure a perfect visit for every guest. Thank you again for sharing, and we look forward to seeing you soon.