“Be sure not to forget anything in your room because they WILL steal it.”

Courtyard Tallahassee Capital
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tallahassee, Florida
“Be sure not to forget anything in your room because they WILL steal it.”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three days and hid my camera in a cabinet in the room. I checked out on Saturday morning and stupidly forgot my camera in the cabinet where I had hidden it. I called back on Sunday morning and the camera was GONE. The front desk staff was very helpful in trying to help me locate the camera and they searched the room and every possible place for it with no luck. The front desk agent advised me to speak with their manager about filing a claim and when I did speak to the manager, she was as unhelpful as hell! She basically told me that since I had forgotten it then it was my fault and there was nothing else to it! She didn't want to question the housekeeping staff or try to go through any other channels to assist me. I KNOW it was my fault for forgetting the item but the manager basically said she wasn't going to do anything about it or try to help me at all. The staff was MUCH better than management. All I have to say is beware of leaving ANYTHING at that hotel, because management will make no attempt to assist you... NONE!! With that kind of attitude from management, I can understand why the staff feels comfortable taking items. I will never stay here again and will do everything I can to ensure that I keep people away from this place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 255Cfree
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Our team was most disappointed to hear of your regretful situation with your lost and found item left behind in your guest room. Our hotel has very specific guidelines for all team members to follow regarding any items which may be left behind in a guest room after departure. When an item is found it is delivered to a member of our supervisor team, tagged, logged and stored in a secured area for 90 days in the event that the owner should call and request the item returned. When our team was unable to locate your specific item they completed a thorough second search and spoke directly to the each team member involved with your room post departure on Saturday morning. As previously reported we do not have record of your item. We hope you may understand this difficult situation as there is no means of triangulating to a specific person of accountability or responsibility. Many of our housekeeping team members are Marriott career professionals, some with as many as 25 years of service. As the item was obviously hide so well even you had forgotten about the item in your departure, please consider it may be possible to have been over-sighted also during the housekeeping cleaning process as you intended this location to hidden and secure during your stay. It is an unfortunate possibility the item may have been found by the next occupant of the room. We deeply appreciate the time you have taken to make our team aware of your situation as we continue to search for new ways to improve our service!

Keith Hoogerheyde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
York
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting family. The hotel looks as though it has been recently refurbished (both lobby and rooms). I stayed in a first-floor room facing a central courtyard (with a nice-sized outdoor pool). The room was a very good size. The bathroom sink/vanity area was separate from the toilet/bathtub room, which is convenient when multiple people are staying in the room. The room contained a king-sized bed facing sliding glass doors to the courtyard (the mattress was excellent). Beyond the bed was a love seat and coffee table. A flat-screen TV located on a run of low dressers/desk was set on a swivel that would make it accessible for viewing from either the bed or the sofa. The room had a small patio outside the sliding glass doors with patio chairs and a small table.

The hotel doesn't include breakfast, but there was a nicely furnished breakfast area that served a reasonably broad menu at what looked to be very reasonable prices. As I ate out with family members each day, I can't speak to the quality of the food at the hotel.

The only negative was that there seemed to be a good bit of noise coming in from the next room and the hallway. That said, I never experienced noise levels that kept me from sleeping.

All in all, this was a very good value for the price, and I would happily stay here again.

For people who may not have easy access to a car, I should also mention that the hotel is in walking distance to multiple drugstores (CVS, Walgreens) and a very nice grocery (New Leaf). There are other shops located within the same complex that houses New Leaf.

Room Tip: The inner rooms (facing the courtyard) are particularly pleasant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank horse2hound4
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Indeed our hotel just completed our renovation this past August. We were very glad to hear you enjoyed all our recent upgrades. While our hotel does not include a breakfast for every room, we do offer breakfast inclusive packages for an option to the guest who might prefer inclusive. This allows a greater level of flexibility to accommodate those who may not choose to have breakfast. As mentioned, our Bistro does offer a wonderful selection of breakfast and dinner options from health starts to familiar and satisfying comfort foods. Most importantly we feature fresh, made to your order Starbucks coffee to start you day! We hope to see you very soon.

Nashville
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was greeted by a professional and friendly staff member as quality customer service is a must for me. Now that I know the staff is professional I can move forward…The room is modern and sleek. I requested a room that was in a quiet location of the building. That accommodation was met in addition to me having a beautiful view. Free wi-fi and free parking was plus also as that is very rare for downtown hotels. Great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Yes, our convenient location to the downtown area is recognized by many of our repeat guest. The convenience of the many dining options within walking distance and the addition of our new Bistro Starbucks for a cup of made to order coffee in the morning is icing on the cake! We hope to see you very, very soon.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just one night and were very pleased. Very clean rooms, modern furnitures and equipment everywhere around from the entrance and bar to the rooms and gym. Free parking. We loved and enjoyed the stay!! Would reserve here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our newly renovated hotel! Our team is very excited to have all the renovations completed. We were very glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A few extra college kids ended up in room. Staff very promptly brought additional cot and apologized for the wait; all of 3 minutes. Since the hotel was full and it was 9:30 PM, it is nice to know they keep a few cots on hand. Bed was comfortable and room reasonably quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Our team was happy to hear that all went ok with your new student move in this fall semester. We hope they are settled into their new space and off to a great start for a successful year!

We completely understand the extra added stress that each of our parents and students face during this difficult time. For many families it may be the first time of extended separation, with added financial strain, not to mention the new or unfamiliar processes involved with independent campus life!

Our team works very hard to ensure we provide a place to rest, relax and recharge during this difficult and stressful process.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Tallahassee area!

Warm Regards,

Camberley
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a tour of the Southern states.
As soon as we arrived I loved the lay out of the hotel with rooms around the pool. We were on the ground floor and could sit outside on the chairs provided & watch the sun go down or sit by the pool.Others in our group had balconies.
The reception was helpful & friendly & the room was spacious & clean.
There were nice restaurants across the (busy) road, and we were sorry to leave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the nice comments about our courtyard pool area. It is always a special end of the day when you area able to rest, relax and recharge, pool side on our newly renovated patio with a few cocktails from the Bistro!

See you soon

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a competition in Tallahassee that was unfortunately rescheduled. Due to the fact that this hotel was booked at a non-refundable rate and I could not transfer the dates, we traveled to Tallahassee and just enjoyed the weekend.

Cons:The first thing I noticed was the smell in the hallways. It was terrible. It smelled as if they had just painted, which is understandable, however, the smell got worse as the weekend went on. I'm not sure of other rooms, but in room 157, the air conditioner is EXTREMELY loud. I was awaken several times during the night by the extra vibration the air conditioner has. Fortunately, it wasn't consistant... it just came and went as it pleased. The TV quality was terrible as well. The picture kept fading. I went to get in the shower Saturday night and there was a huge palmetto roach on the shower curtain, I almost hurt myself jumping back out. There was not a microwave in our room. We kept getting calls early in the morning with no one on the other end.

Pros: Great location!!! Capital building is less that a mile away. There are 4 great restaurants within walking distance such as Logans and Genghis Grill. Downtown Tallahassee is right around the corner. The room was clean and the bed was OK. There is a fridge in the room. You can control the room temp easily. Paul mitchell hair products and the shower head was great. Checkout is 12:00, and hour later than I'm used to. Each room has a balcony. In order to walk in the hotel you have to use the room key to get the door to unlock, felt a sense of security.

If I ended up staying here again, it would be for the location only, not for the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Our team was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit to our hotel. It would be most appreciated if you could call my office directly at 850/329-9041 so we may gather a few additional details to help our team improve.

We noted you mentioned difficulty with the non-refundable rate offering. At marriott.com we offer a wide variety of refundable options which can be changed up to 6pm the evening of arrival. We hope to hear from us soon. Perhaps we can make a return trip reservation so you may experience all that our hotel has to offer. Please let us know how we may better serve you on your future stays!