“Clean, comfie, quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean, comfie, quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well appointed motel off the street provided a quiet stay for us when on route from Savannah, GA to New Orleans, LA. Breakfast provided, laundry facilities, a large comfortable room...for our needs (laundry and enroute motel) it was just right. Pricing was reasonable as well.

Room Tip: ask for a first floor room, you can easily drive up and unload, Costco is a 10 min drive away, you c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest, I thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to make each guest stay as comfortable as possible. Please contact me for all your future stays in Tallahassee

Mike Parmar (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sparrow Bush, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am surprised that this motel is not ranked higher. We stayed for two nights and after arriving the first night after 11 hours on the road, I was grateful of the motels off the road location. It is situated in the back of another motel that was on the main road and what a difference in the sound level! Check in as well as check out was smooth. Not a bad complementary breakfast considering that this is a value priced lodging. It was to cool to use the outside pool but we did soak up the sun on the lounge chairs. It is very convenient to the downtown area, less than 10 minutes. We will definitely book this location again.

• 4 of 5 stars
Dear Guest , I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as this what we thrive for. Having you as our guest is our pleasure. we look forward to seeing you back soon

Mike Parmar(GM)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you need just a place to rest your head this place is great.... But if you need a pillow, sheet, or blanket for the pull out couch forget it. They don't have it! Conditioner, well, they don't have that either. What they do have is other angry customers looking for sheets. Etc. in the lobby creating uncomfortable ruckus. The two trips I took to the lobby were greeted by angry customers yelling for a refund, demanding a non present manager. Kinda scary lobby. However, I needed a place to stay. The rooms were clean and at the time that's ll that really mattered. I won't be back unless there's a very urgent need for a very very basic place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jenny J
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good place to stay. Rooms were clean, staff was very helpful especially after I left an item in the room when I checked out. When I got home I called the hotel but had to call back in the morning when the manager was on duty. I was pleasantly surprised when he called me to say that they had found the item and were shipping it to me. He called me back when he had shipped it and said I would receive it by Saturday. Since there are so many dishonest people in this world, I was most surprised when he call me. Mike, the manager, went over and above. Room was clean, breakfast was good and Mike is great. I would certainly stay there again. Thank you Mike!.

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hidden behind a Verizen store on the main road to Tallahassee is a gem of a BW. Large 100 year old live oaks and Spanish style make you think you are entering your own Casa. The rooms are large and spacious. Both my adult children work at FSU and Famu so this is very conveniant for us. I have stayed here 15 nights on four different visits this year and the service has been cosistantly good. The thing I like the most is the price of the room. I have stayed at many other BW's and paid a lot more for a lot less. If your coming to Tally this is the "Best" place to stay!

Room Tip: suites on the North side in back are away from the busy entrance. I won't give a room # because...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was kinda nervous when we pulled up because you had to check in through a little window outside. We got checked in and in our room and I was pleasantly surprised! It was very clean and spacious!! We arrived at 1 A.M. eastern time so all we did was sleep. Didn't eat breakfast because we were too tired to get up. :) the lady at check out was super sweet and made sure everything was ok with our room. If we pass through again we will stay there!

• Stayed March 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed at the inn on Apalachee Pkwy twice recently (most recently Mar 2013). Both times I was impressed by the cleanliness and comfort of the king suite, with the mini comforts of homes (fridge, microwave, coffee pot). For a traveler, the complimentary breakfast is always appreciated and the staff worked to keep it clean/picked up. The bed was very comfortable, and the living/sitting room area good.