“Pleasant enough stay.”

Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was our first stopover point on our roadtrip around the deep south and it suited us fine. After a drive of around 5 hours from Sanford airport we were looking forward to relaxing before the next part of our journey, Our room was basic and functional, there was a fridge, coffee maker and microwave, complimentary toiletries etc. The bed was very comfortable, but after being on the go for over 20 hours we probably would have slept anywhere!
The complimentary breakfast was very nice and the lady on the desk kept returning to make sure there was enough off everything, you certainly won't go hungry.
I was a bit concerned to find a pill on the floor in the room, I am unsure what sort of medication it was, but I would have been worried if a child had got a hold of it first.
Apart from this it was a pleasant enough stay, the reason I gave this average score was mainly because of finding the pill on the floor, there was a slight lack of attention to the cleaning in the room as we also found an old bottle top and a second remote control under the bed that looked like they had been there a while. We handed the tablet in to reception on checking out as thought it only fair to make them aware of our findings. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blanche&DaveMcColl
biztraveller14, General Manager at Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest, i thank you for your review. we at the best western pride inn and i in particular take all guest reviews very seriously as this is the best learning tool for us. We look forward to seeing you back soon and please contact me directly for your reservation.

Mike Parmar (GM)

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The hotel is just behind a restaurant and next to Kohls. The rooms was a very spacious suite with a divided living room, king bed and bathroom. It had a microwave and fridge, large TV but not flat screen and lots of extra room. When I arrived checking in for 2 nights, I was placed on the second floor at the rear of the hotel. I could not understand why as it was mostly vacant. Throughout my stay, there were plenty of first floor rooms not taken. I guess since I used my AAA discount, they put me in a room where I had to lug my luggage and belongs up and down. I will likely complain next time. But despite that, it came with a great full breakfast and the desk clerks were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David D
biztraveller14, General Manager at Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Mr David, I would like to start by thanking you for your for your review.It is always gratifying to have a satisfied guest. We are in the process of changing all our tv's to 42inch flat screens but due to the backlog for commercial tv's, they are on back order. Next time you are in Tallahassee please contact me directly and i will personally make sure you have a room on the first floor or when making your reservation , put in a request for the same and i will take care of it..Once again i thank you.

Mike Parmar ( GM)

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our travels were from Texas to Orlando the last week of March. Although we sometimes do that trip in one shot, airport pick-up times with our offspring dictated that we break this trip into two segments. What drew us to this property was that we were bringing along our doggie, an 8 lb Yorkshire Terrier, and this hotel reported to be pet-friendly when doing some on-the-road last minute research on the Android smart phone, once we decided that Tallahassee was going to be the stop for the night.

The hotel was as advertised, pet-friendly, but for an extra 10 dollars. There was a sign in the lobby that clearly stated that if you checked in without reporting a pet, the add-on would be 25 dollars, so I'm glad we didn't try to sneak the little guy in.

No complaints at all about the hotel, it was as good as one could expect for a property of this class. It was clean and in good repair, comfortable beds, seriously well landscaped. It is more than a few blocks into Tallahassee off the interstate and was a bit difficult to find from the road, as it is set back behind a store with only a driveway leading off the main street. If you pass the Kohl's department store, you've gone too far and a low median in the road means some work to get back to the right lane to turn into the driveway. Breakfast was complimentary and good. There are a variety of eating establishments in the area, and access back to the eastbound I-10 is good. We will certainly keep this place in mind when we need to stop in Tallahassee in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
biztraveller14, General Manager at Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Esteemed Guest, I thank you for your review and it gives me great pleasure that you were happy with your stay.As for us being a pet friendly property ,I for one is a great believer that it is the duty of every human being to look after our pets just as we would look after a member of our own family after all ,pets are a member of our family.The only difference is that they can not talk but they do have feelings as well. Please contact me for all your future travels to Tallahassee and i will make sure you have an equally great stay.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

this hotel has to be my most favorite place to stay in tallahassee. the staff is so friendly as well as the front desk. the breakfast in the morning is so yummy i'd want to stay an extra night just to eat it again! the price is such a bargain for the service you get..... 1000% amazing!

• Stayed: March 2012
biztraveller14, General Manager at Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Guest , I thank you for your review. As it is always our goal to make each guest feel at home. Its true that being human, we sometimes fumble the ball . Its guests like you who inform us of any problems during your stay which gives us the opportunity to rectify the situation.We look forward to seeing you back soon.Please contact me directly and i will make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Mike Parmar( GM )

Reviewed April 5, 2012

i am not a person who is compeled to write reviews often. but after reading a review by a previous person , i feel it is my moral and religious duty to do so. my church have been using this hotel for the last fifteen years at least twice a year for our confrences.we have never had any problems what so ever. the managers ALWAYS go out of their way to make our stays special.we book a block of rooms between thirty to forty rooms at each stay.i am the last person to criticis a person .i live by one rule and that is " live life by virtue because life without virtue is life without grace and life without grace is an empty life. in the name of our lord AMEN

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank henrycotton31
biztraveller14, General Manager at Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Reverend, I sincerely thank you for your review. Knowing you to be a man of god , i knew you you would do the right thing.All these year i have had the pleasure and honor to make your and your groups stays with to your utmost satisfaction has been our cherished moments.We look forward to seeing again in June.please contact me directly and it will as always be my pleasure to work with you.

Mike Parmar (GM)

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We booked this hotel for a block 26 rooms based upon ratings we saw on Trip Advisor. I guess if you only book one room, you may luck up on acceptable accomodations. However, when we checked in at 12:30AM and went to the rooms, people started coming back to the lobby before I had even finished with the desk clerk. Complaintsts of roaches and other bugs in the rooms(I stopped recording this complaint after the 4th room reported same problem); one room' s toilet was stopped up with towels; I checked several rooms and toilets had mildew/mold stains. The hotel offered new roooms for those that had bugs, but at least 4 rooms with roaches, means your establishment has a general roach problem. We were booked for two nights but did not stay. Of course, they wanted to charge for both nights, but we resolved with a one night payment. Will never stay or recommend this hotel. Fortunately, we were able to find accomodations at the Red Roof Inn. Rooms were smaller, price was much cheaper, no breakfast...BUT the rooms were clean and bug free. I have also shared this assessment with the hotel management

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear ms Gwen, I would like to start by apologizing about the unpleasant incident you and i both know about.The fact that you and your group having been escorted off our property with you agreeing to pay for one night stay is explanation enough.About your claim of "roaches", for your information ,our property is checked on a regular basis by a very reputable pest control company and by the Florida Department of Lodging and have always had a "no incident report "which i am more then happy to furnish you with , just email me with the details of your email or your fax #.

Mike Parmar ( GM )

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is a couple of miles from the Interstate.....but very close to downtown which is a lovely place to see. I like being able to get a flavour for Tallahassee. As well there were lots of restaurants to go to. The Suite was huge, the check in easy and a pleasant attendant at the breakfast. The rate was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
biztraveller14, General Manager at Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear guest, I thank for your kind review.I is always heart warming to have a satisfied guest. Your comfort is my primary and only goal.Please contact me directly for all your future stays.

MIKE PARMAR (GM)