“Very good overnight stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown

BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Sour Lake, TX
“Very good overnight stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our travels were from Texas to Orlando the last week of March. Although we sometimes do that trip in one shot, airport pick-up times with our offspring dictated that we break this trip into two segments. What drew us to this property was that we were bringing along our doggie, an 8 lb Yorkshire Terrier, and this hotel reported to be pet-friendly when doing some on-the-road last minute research on the Android smart phone, once we decided that Tallahassee was going to be the stop for the night.

The hotel was as advertised, pet-friendly, but for an extra 10 dollars. There was a sign in the lobby that clearly stated that if you checked in without reporting a pet, the add-on would be 25 dollars, so I'm glad we didn't try to sneak the little guy in.

No complaints at all about the hotel, it was as good as one could expect for a property of this class. It was clean and in good repair, comfortable beds, seriously well landscaped. It is more than a few blocks into Tallahassee off the interstate and was a bit difficult to find from the road, as it is set back behind a store with only a driveway leading off the main street. If you pass the Kohl's department store, you've gone too far and a low median in the road means some work to get back to the right lane to turn into the driveway. Breakfast was complimentary and good. There are a variety of eating establishments in the area, and access back to the eastbound I-10 is good. We will certainly keep this place in mind when we need to stop in Tallahassee in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Esteemed Guest, I thank you for your review and it gives me great pleasure that you were happy with your stay.As for us being a pet friendly property ,I for one is a great believer that it is the duty of every human being to look after our pets just as we would look after a member of our own family after all ,pets are a member of our family.The only difference is that they can not talk but they do have feelings as well. Please contact me for all your future travels to Tallahassee and i will make sure you have an equally great stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

this hotel has to be my most favorite place to stay in tallahassee. the staff is so friendly as well as the front desk. the breakfast in the morning is so yummy i'd want to stay an extra night just to eat it again! the price is such a bargain for the service you get..... 1000% amazing!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest , I thank you for your review. As it is always our goal to make each guest feel at home. Its true that being human, we sometimes fumble the ball . Its guests like you who inform us of any problems during your stay which gives us the opportunity to rectify the situation.We look forward to seeing you back soon.Please contact me directly and i will make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Mike Parmar( GM )
Trabuco Canyon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

i am not a person who is compeled to write reviews often. but after reading a review by a previous person , i feel it is my moral and religious duty to do so. my church have been using this hotel for the last fifteen years at least twice a year for our confrences.we have never had any problems what so ever. the managers ALWAYS go out of their way to make our stays special.we book a block of rooms between thirty to forty rooms at each stay.i am the last person to criticis a person .i live by one rule and that is " live life by virtue because life without virtue is life without grace and life without grace is an empty life. in the name of our lord AMEN

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank henrycotton31
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Reverend, I sincerely thank you for your review. Knowing you to be a man of god , i knew you you would do the right thing.All these year i have had the pleasure and honor to make your and your groups stays with to your utmost satisfaction has been our cherished moments.We look forward to seeing again in June.please contact me directly and it will as always be my pleasure to work with you.

Mike Parmar (GM)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We booked this hotel for a block 26 rooms based upon ratings we saw on Trip Advisor. I guess if you only book one room, you may luck up on acceptable accomodations. However, when we checked in at 12:30AM and went to the rooms, people started coming back to the lobby before I had even finished with the desk clerk. Complaintsts of roaches and other bugs in the rooms(I stopped recording this complaint after the 4th room reported same problem); one room' s toilet was stopped up with towels; I checked several rooms and toilets had mildew/mold stains. The hotel offered new roooms for those that had bugs, but at least 4 rooms with roaches, means your establishment has a general roach problem. We were booked for two nights but did not stay. Of course, they wanted to charge for both nights, but we resolved with a one night payment. Will never stay or recommend this hotel. Fortunately, we were able to find accomodations at the Red Roof Inn. Rooms were smaller, price was much cheaper, no breakfast...BUT the rooms were clean and bug free. I have also shared this assessment with the hotel management

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear ms Gwen, I would like to start by apologizing about the unpleasant incident you and i both know about.The fact that you and your group having been escorted off our property with you agreeing to pay for one night stay is explanation enough.About your claim of "roaches", for your information ,our property is checked on a regular basis by a very reputable pest control company and by the Florida Department of Lodging and have always had a "no incident report "which i am more then happy to furnish you with , just email me with the details of your email or your fax #.

Mike Parmar ( GM )
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is a couple of miles from the Interstate.....but very close to downtown which is a lovely place to see. I like being able to get a flavour for Tallahassee. As well there were lots of restaurants to go to. The Suite was huge, the check in easy and a pleasant attendant at the breakfast. The rate was good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear guest, I thank for your kind review.I is always heart warming to have a satisfied guest. Your comfort is my primary and only goal.Please contact me directly for all your future stays.

MIKE PARMAR (GM)
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Wonderfully large rooms! Was pleasantly surprised by the size - service was great and we will definitely be back whe we're visiting Tallahassee again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear guest, I thank you for your review. A happy guest is what we thrive for . A happy is a returning guest. We look forward to seeing you back soon. Please contact me directly at any time.Once again i thank you.

Mike Parmar ( GM )
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed a week at the hotel- staff could not have been friendlier. Rooms are a bit dated and could do with a face lift, but the room was clean and the staff great. Would definitely stay there again! Price was great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tallahassee-Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Guest , I thank you for your review.It is always a pleasure to have a happy guest. Your satisfaction is our first and foremost goal.please don not hesitate to call me for all your future stays with us.I thank you again

Mike Parmar (GM )