“Front desk staff was wonderful, but don't trust the cleaning staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Front desk staff was wonderful, but don't trust the cleaning staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

We chose to stay at this hotel because it has a good location near I-10 and they will allow pets for a small fee. However, we accidentally left two phone chargers and a blackberry in the room and when we realized it and returned, they were gone. The manager and staff members at the front desk were very helpful and searched the room, but the room had already been cleaned and everything was gone. They contacted the maid that had cleaned the room and she claimed the phone and chargers were never there. With no way to prove anything, we left it at that, but will NEVER stay there again. Also, the continental breakfast is a joke. The Staybridge up the road is a MUCH nicer and newer hotel with a comparable price... stay there. They charge more for pets, but its worth it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jsm5684

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Stuart, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for my daughters graduation and it was one of my better descisions. The hotel is just off the highway and about a 10-15 minute drive to FSU on Tennessee st. When my family and i arrived we were really unsure about the type of stay we would have because the hotel did not look like the typical 5 star hotel, but we were presently surprised.

The front desk staff was so sweet, we needed 3 rooms and she made the check-in process so easy and did her best to place us in adjacent rooms. And the rooms, a BIG surprise. They smelled great, so clean, honestly the rooms could rival any Hyatt or other high end hotel. They had large flat panel LCD tv's, the kids loved it. And the pillows omg, i wanted the take one home, they were so comfortable.

When my family was thinking about dinner i called the frontdesk and the young lady suggested this amazing resturant right next door, i think it was called cross creek. They served steak and seafood and it was superb, they should really consider changing the name of that place to The Awesome. The front desk clerk also told us about the publix which was in walking distance and a new walmart which was about a 2 minute drive.

The next morning they had a hot breakfast in the lobby with sausage, biscuits and eggs and juice and all kinds of other stuff. The only problem with the breakfast was that it was early in the morning, it was from like 6am until 9am, so i had to get the kids up kind of early. But other than that it was really convenient because im sure it would have cost my family a small fortune to get breakfast from the waffle house next door.

We stayed for 2 nights so on the Sunday we didnt really know what to do with ourselves and front desk clerk (they were really just great- a real definition of customer service) provided us with a list of activities. Turns out there is this amazing antique car musuem directly across the street from the hotel. It didn't only have cars, it had trains and just a large collection of antiques, i wish i had had more time to see everything but my husband was in a real hurry to go to the golf course which was next to the publix.

The stay was surprisingly really great. I had no idea there were so many different things in that area. And the location turned out to be really great, it was close enough to fsu so we could get to the ceremony easily but it was removed enough so were able to avoid all the traffic and noise. There were lots of trees and lots of places to walk our dogs. I wish i had found this hotel 4 years ago because i have had bad experiences at a few tallahassee hotels. I would recomend this hotel to everyone, the Best Western Seminole Inn is one of the best values in Tallahassee and a true Gem.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
      Location
2 Thank willovie
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2006

Having had repeated good experiences at the Best Western in Ocala, Florida, we felt confident staying at this Best Western. Big mistake! Thin, scratchy towels and a loud, constantly running toilet made the room unpleasant. When we nicely asked for more towels, we were given a single, tiny washcloth. The night staff said they would report the toilet running. No one came. During the night, a loud bunch of drunks partied in the parking lot. We were afraid to leave the room. In the morning, we discovered someone had siphoned gas from our car. When we nicely reported the plumbing problems to the morning staff, a woman with waist-length black hair with an unpronouncable first name beginning with "V", yelled at us in a staccato voice: "Did anyone promise you pin-drop quiet room?? Did they?" She went on to say that since I complained, there was no way I would ever get points on my Best Western Gold Crown Club card. She was right. I never did. She also dared me to complain to Best Western, saying they would never do anything to her. While this tirade was going on, one of her family members was outside literally screaming at the housekeeping staff. How ironic, because the one thing the hotel had going for it was that it was clean. All the while, she was holding my credit card, and I was wondering if I'd ever get it back. When she finally shut up, I smiled sweetly and told her maybe Immigration should come and audit her payroll and make sure all those family members working for her were in this country legally. Her eyes grew wide and she quickly and silently handed me my credit card. Forewarned is forearmed! Thank goodness for Tripadvisor!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Semi101, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
This was happened in 2006. There is no more that employee working here. There is no more fear anymore. Please visit us.
Charlotte NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2006

The Seminole Inn has a great location, just off interstate 10 on Mahan Dr. We stayed for a couple of dayswhile taking care of business in the area. It's old, nothing fancy but clean and quiet. We would stay again.

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank JanMillikanAngel
Indialantic, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2005

My next entry is this awesome quaint little motel in Tallahassee. This motel is right off the interstate with super quick access to downtown and the capital. I work in Tallahassee two months out of the year as a lobbyist so this year I am going to try in stay in all of the hotels here and write a review. When I first arrived I was greeted by a very charming front dest person who was super helpful. I always try to be a little difficult by asking for a special room on a pass through with only one common wall. This cuts down on noise late at night I have found. She was helpful. I surfed the internet right there in the lobby. Nothing fancy but cool. The room was big clean the tv got 125 channels including HBO. The bathroom was nice with ceramic tile. Has a hair dryer, soap, shampoo. A mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. I paid $59.00 and that is a darn steal for the PRICE this is the nicest motel I have stayed in in quite awhile

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank zymurgy1234
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2005

The hotel was being repainted when we arrived, so our room smelled of paint. The room was OK, but a bit worn out. The staff was friendly and it is conveniently located right off the highway.

6 Thank Slo-Lju