“It's OK”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Starting out we ordered the beef queso... although good, it came out cold.

For our meals, I had the shrimp adobe. I will admit that this meal was pretty good. I really didn't have any complaints. My boyfriend got the Mexican lasagna. When this meal came out it looked very similar to a dish I make at home and was not near as good as mine. He ended up eating only a few bites and then gave up. There was nothing spectacular about this restaurant and it was VERY loud in there. My boyfriend and I were practically yelling at each other. The waiter kept filling my boyfriends glass with 3/4 ice and 1/4 lemonade. Finally after 3 glasses of ice, he just asked for a glass of lemonade with no ice.

I'd probably NEVER visit this restaurant again if I were visiting Tallahassee, I can almost bet there are better Mexican restaurants around.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had dinner here while in town visiting my daughters. We sat outside since we joined a group of friends. The service was average even though there was only 1 other party outside for quite a while. The drinks were good sized & our food was served hot & tasty. It's not the place if you're wanting to impress a date, but we felt we got our money's worth since we were there for food, drink & visiting with friends.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a top shelf margarita and when the bill came, I was shocked to discover it was 12.99. I might expect to pay that in New York, but in Tallahassee, that's ridiculous. Plus, we constantly had to ask for our server, who had no idea what was on the menu. On top of that, they overcharged the couple we were with on their "2 for 1" and charged them for both drinks. Save yourself the headache and go to Los Campadres.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good food for a very good price. good specials food and drinks. Staff is very nice and attentive. Prompt service.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My daughter and I first attempted to go this place late one evening. It was so packed we decided to go elsewhere. On our second attempt, at 2:30 in the afternoon, it was still very crowded! We thought it must be a really good restaurant. In spite of the crowd, we were seated very quickly and I noted that the crowd was very diverse - families with children, students, people of all races dressed in a range of casual to formal.
The salsa was bland, almost plain tomato sauce. Prices were reasonable, mostly $10-15 per meal. The wait staff was a bit overworked, but still managed to get the job done efficiently, the food arrived quickly. The menu was mostly standard, but showed a few items of interest. When the food arrived, it was very standard. It was hot, well-cooked, but wasn't well-seasoned or particularly interesting. We didn't order drinks, but we saw many people getting drinks that were, well, HUGE.
While I wasn't that impressed with what I found, this appears to be one of the most profitable restaurants I've ever seen. Perhaps we caught them on an especially busy day. I would like to try it again sometime.