“French Bistro”
Review of Sage

Sage
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 18, 2012

quiet, pleasant French style eatery, good service, first rate menu

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stopped by Sage after seeing a coupon for it on Restaurant.com The restaurant was rather busy for a Sat. afternoon but since it was a lovely day my daughter and I agreed to sit outside. It was lovely but we had a table without an umbrella up against the building rather than the tree shaded area so it began to get a bit hot and the sun was glaring a bit. If you go, get an umbrellaed table. We ordered a croissant sandwich of turkey and cranberries for my daughter (13) and I had a salad with beef and greens. Both were delicious though we did wait quite a while. Tea was brought out a few times to refill glasses by staff. Server was OK, not hightly personable. Prices were reasonalbe.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I loved the ambience and great service. The food is outstanding and I can't wait to go again.

1  Thank Mamadem832
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Having recovered from not one but two fires (arson suspected), Sage has returned and it is well worth a visit. Jude and I ate there last Friday night and our meal was outstanding! I had the pork belly appetizer served over coarse grits with homemade Worcestershire sauce and the braised lamb shank as my main. The pork belly was outstanding and the lamb was so tender and flavorful! Jude had a roasted beet and orange salad and the pecan crusted snapper. The lobster reduction under the snapper was simply astounding! Fellow Tallahasseans might recognize Craig Richardson from Market Square Liquors as he is now a partner in Sage and brings his extensive knowledge of wines to the restaurant. He recommended the house red - a Cotes du Rhone - and we were not disappointed.

Pay Sage a visit. You won't be sorry.

1  Thank DavidBTallahassee
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Sage has finally re-opened after the devestating fire. They've remodeled (of course) there appears to be more table available and the new decor has added to the over all ambience. They've added some new creations and still have the old favorites too. I had to decide between oysters or Italian sausage sandwich. I went with the sandwich and it was excellent. My friend had the crepes--- which were up to the usual standards for Sage. I've always felt it was a "women who do lunch" place but there were several men enjoying their meals. The portions will fill the males. Amanda-- our server took excellent care of us while attending to a table of 10 having an adult birthday celebrations. We'll be back to enjoy the Quiche of the day or the Oysters or something new to tempt us. Highly Recommend

1  Thank BettyBoop1941