“Awesome sandwiches!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Merv's Melt Shop
Ranked #75 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Florida
“Awesome sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Love this sandwich shop....very interesting combinations....neat concept. Have very fresh ingredients. Love the decor in this converted old gas station. Location is great for college students and state workers but I don't live or work anywhere near there so it is quite a trek for me to go often. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, so going in the evening is not an option. Would like to try and make it to try breakfast sometime. Each time I have been it is packed. I have not been disappointed with any sandwich choice I have made.....want to try a burger on my next visit.
Wish they would add a location on the northside of town. This is a definite stop for someone that likes different cheeses.....not just your run of the mill cheddar or american cheese. Their sandwiches are awesome!

Visited June 2014

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Darn tasty burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

A couple years ago, I had a craving for a roast beef sandwich from Fat Sandwich. When I called the number on my old menu, I found that the place had gone out of business! I was very sad about this. Only recently did I realize that that location now houses Merv's Melt shop and last Wednesday, I ventured there with a friend I frequently meet for lunch. When we arrived, I was happy to see that they had expanded and lightened up the walls. It's a lot more friendly and happy inside now. I browsed the extensive menu of sandwiches and so many were tempting but when I saw they had burgers, I jumped at the chance. I just got the plain burger with cheddar, cooked medium, and a side of tater tots. What sets their burger aside is that it's steak! It was cooked about medium well but absolutely perfect with lettuce, tomato, mustard and mayo.
We got there around 11:45 and it was already packed. The sheer number of people and the quality of my food indicates this place could be around a long time. Plus, it's in an area that doesn't have a ton of food places but does have a lot of government employees. I'll definitely be returning soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Melts. Awesome Potato Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

The sandwiches are great. Big portion sizes and variety of options. I loved their home made potato chips. They even sell just the potato chips to-go in little bags. Loved the outdoor seating (probably not a great idea for Tallahassee Summers though).

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
“Tasty Sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I'm not sure where a Merv Melt is on the grilled cheese to panini scale. But I do know they make awesome sandwiches. Top shelf ingredients. Lots of options. At first I thought it was pricey for sandwiches. Then my food got served and, yup, totally worth it. In a word, delicious!!!

• Visited May 2014