“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Baton Rouge, LA
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The hotel looks pretty new. We stayed one night only. But we were happy with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I loved my stay here. Everything was wonderful. Check in was simple and I requested a lake view and I got one without a complaint. The room was beautiful and a nice suprise was there was a computer with internet access. It was useful since I didn't bring my laptop. The room was like a mini apartment. There was a mini kitchen and a good size livingroom, the bedroom was in a seperate room. Everything was modern and up to date. They had a movie room downstairs and a business center with books and games for kids. You can check out movies at the front desk for nothing. They had a little market with snacks and quick meals. The breakfast was really great and sitting next the fireplace in the morning while eating was a nice feeling, it felt like I was staying at a lodge. I would 100% recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in Tallahassee.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
alabama
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Thoroughly impressed with the hotel! It's located on the far east side of town, but it was worth the stay. They are located on a pond and provide fishing poles--our son loved the fishing. TV room with large recliners to enjoy watching the big screen TV. We stayed in a suite, which was very elegant with black-out curtains. The free breakfast was very elaborate and delicious. Overall, we plan to stay again on our next visit!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Sunny South Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I was reluctant to book this hotel due to the review mentioning bugs, but after calling the front desk and speaking with a very pleasant Manager, Mary, my mind was put at ease and we went ahead and booked the suite.

Just to be sure, we brought along our Surefire flashlight (the type used by law enforcement) and went over every nook and cranny a bug might decide to hide in. Nope, not 1 bug to be found. So as far as I am concerned, it is a moot point. So on to enjoying the property...

The property itself is well situated just a 1/4 mile off 1-10 at exit 209b. Each morning, a really nice complimentary buffet breakfast was served and there was a good selection. There is a beautiful lake out back with a bridge and a turtle feeder. Ducks and other wild life are plentiful. We really enjoyed the BBQ pavillions , which are lakeside with plenty of seating. We have 3 kids at FSU, so it was a great chance for them to enjoy a home cooked meal with their friends. It is truly pretty enough back there for a wedding or other special occasion, but on this evening, we had the lakeside all to ourselves. Afterwards, we all piled into the Home Theatre and watched the World Series. Again, we had it all to ourselves and loved every minute of it. There was also swimming and basketball out back, which the kids enjoyed the following day. It was great to have the kids be able to visit and hang out with us at our home away from home. They were also impressed with the hotel.

I can't say enough good things about this place. Bottom line is, stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This was our first time staying at a Staybridge Suites, but the previous reviews convinced us that it was worth the risk. As we pulled off the Interstate, we found the location easily enough, just as the rain started to come down.

We were welcomed into the Staybridge Suites, and found the room even better than the lobby. I don't know if every suite is as nice as the one we had, but we greatly enjoyed our separate room from the kids - as opposed to some places that advertise a "suite" as a curtain separating two beds.

To make things even nicer, they included a thin client at the workstation. Now I'm not the type who usually uses a computer provided by anyone, no matter who they are - but for kids, it's great - they can use that one while I use my laptop, and then we don't have to fight over it. Most excellent.

The only downside was the rain. It just poured the whole time. They even lost power briefly, which meant that the computer and televisions were out. But you can scarcely blame that on the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Avon Park
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Loved this at hotel at first. This was our second time staying there. My husband woke up at 4:30 in the morning with a bug on him. He turned on lights. Hundreds of bed bugs in our bed. The hotel employee came up to our room to see the bugs. We collected about 20 large ones in a container & gave it to him We just got a shower and left. We went back later to check the room we stayed in two weeks ago- bed bugs too! These bugs are size of poppy seeds but after 5 feedings they are a 1/4 inch. They only come out at night & hide really good durnig the day (makes them very hard to find). Won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lynette03
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We got a special rate and came for FSU parents weekend. I have stayed in 4 star hotels on the ocean, and this places amenities and ambience were just as good. A complimentary full breakfast buffet, basketball court, home movie theatre, pool, computer in every suite (not just access), and fitness center were a pleasant shock.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple