“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunny Florida
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here for four separate weeks since the beginning of this year, as was attending a conference at the office building next door. Extremely convenient! Complimentary breakfast each morning was very good, as had a mix of eggs, fruits, breads, waffles, drinks, etc. Room much larger than standard hotels. Some rooms conveniently had free internet access (with computer/keyboard in the room), and there was also a 'business center' downstairs that had computers as well as a printer (free!). Small kitchens in each room, including sink, microwave, stove, fridge/freezer, and even pots/pans/dishes/utensils. I was able to save some money by cooking in the room. A popular grocery store only about a mile away, and large retailers and restaurants only approx five miles down the road. I used the basketball court (just ask the front desk staff for the ball) and they also provide fishing poles if you wanted to drop a line off the pier in the large pond out back. Nothing but good things to say about all the staff I ran into. Complimentary food/drink on Tues-Thurs early evening was a plus as well. Nice deck/patio area in back of hotel overlooking the park-like setting, was pretty relaxing. Will have no problems staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped here on the way to Anna Marie island and really enjoyed the property, room and staff. Will stop here on our next trip through! Great grounds with a lake to fish if you wanted to with all equipment supplied.

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This location is a little out of the way, but it is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We liked that we had a kitchen and were able to make dinner instead of having to drive back to go to a restaurant. They had plenty to choose from for breakfast and we were surprised to find that they had a soda machine as well as juice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed there as part of a block of rooms for a wedding reception. First we had trouble booking the room because the front desk transferred us to a national reservations line that couldn't access the information for the reserved block. When we were finally able to reserve a room, the room that was described to us was not the room we got. Customer service is absolutely NOT a priority for them. Several times when my call was supposed to be transferred to someone else, I ended up getting a voicemail message, not a live person. When I asked to speak to a manager, the same thing happened, so I left a detailed message and asked to be called back. I never heard from him at all. Clearly they don't care. When I left a message in the sales office after finding out that the room I booked was not what was described to me, the person who called me back was very nasty and angry with me. I told her I was the disappointed customer and didn't understand what she was angry about. ZERO customer service skills. If I ever treated a customer like that, I would be fired.

Other family members experienced similar problems with booking the rooms and getting a room that was not what was described. Also, when one family member called the front desk from the airport to get directions to the hotel, the person responded, "I don't know. I don't live near the airport." Really? That's what they call good customer service?

Room Tip: Repeat back how they described the room and make sure they e-mail a confirmation that describes the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I was saddened to read about your customer service experience. I want to apologize for not getting back with you. I did get your voicemail on that Monday about your reservation that was to come in that previous weekend. The voicemail indicated that you were not sure if you were going to keep the reservation or not, and since I had gotten it after your reserved stay, I did not return the call.
Regardless, I wanted to apologize. I was confused about the group block information you noted. Most of our business at this location is group block related and this is the first comment like this I have seen. I will certainly speak with our sales team and see who you spoke with to get more information. I want to make sure we do our best to prevent this from happening in the future. In addition, I have spoken with all of the desk agents to ensure they are familiar with local area attractions and especially to and from the airport.
Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Whenever we travel West from Florida on I-10 we make a point of staying at this location.

The personnel, and facilities are outstanding. We have always felt welcome and comfortable here. During the week days they generally have a manager's reception in the evening, which is an added bonus. Breakfast is also very nice.

Convenient to I-10 and just plain wonderful!

Room Tip: Take a walk around the grounds and out to the dock on the lake....
1 Thank 2008floridatraveler
UK
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were breaking a journey from Savannah on the way to New Orleans, this hotel was excellent, they do a managers reception Tue, Wed & Thu and it was so good we didn't bother going out to eat that evening. At the back of the Hotel is a small lake and we spent a pleasant evening sitting out with a beer (they sell a small selection in the shop). Room was good, Breakfast OK. would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow, and Thank You! What a great review. I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and our beautiful surroundings as well. When you travel this way again, please look us up, we would love to have you stay with us again.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had read the reviews and it sounded like an excellent choice. It lived up to and exceeded my expectations. I was greeted by a smiling young lady who had everything ready and waiting so my check in took a matter of seconds. Opened the door to the room and was shocked at what I saw. It was huge with a full size fridge and a nice living area. Comfortable bed and a quiet room make for a nice rest. The breakfast the next morning is as nice as most Sunday buffets, with eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, cereal and an assortment of juices. And of course, coffee! When I arrived back that evening, there was another buffet layed out for dinner. They give you a menu which shows what they are serving and all of it is good! I should mention that it is only during the week that they have the evening spread. I cannot think of one thing to say was bad other than I did not care for the toliet paper. Sad when that is all there is to complain about. I will definately be back next time I am in the area. Nice pool area, basketball court(bring your own ball), work out area. Remember, this is a hotel that caters to people who stay longer than one night so your room only gets a lite cleaning every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside overlooking the pond, top floor if you can get it, the elevators are...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business