“Oasis in the middle of an empty highway”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hillsboro Beach, Florida
“Oasis in the middle of an empty highway”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I made last minute reservations for this hotel after driving a distance. My husband and I were tired and needed space to relax and get away from the other. Staybridge fit the bill perfectly. Two rooms, 2 tv's! Heaven! He could watch football Sunday afternoon and I could be happy too. Free laundry to wash some things after our 10 road trip. The staff was helpful bad courteous too.
One thing to keep in mind.....the nearest restaurants, shopping and civilization is one exit east on the highway. And it's dark at night. Get everything you need and hunker down in a nice room and comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 59jan
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I was so pleased to see your comments. I agree that the restaurants are not very close as some other properties in our city, but I am so happy that it affords us a peaceful and quiet environment. I was happy to see that our oversized suites allowed you and your husband to spread out and enjoy your stay and get some laundry done as well.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on December 23, booking thru Expedia. I'll dispense with the hotel's claim that they fully disclosed their pet policy, to move right to the $75 non refundable "deposit." This is regardless of whether you are staying there one week or as in our case, one night. I gave the manager a chance to respond to this, as well as a poor check in process, but he, like everyone else I encountered, stood by their corporate policy and did absolutely nothing to improve my experience. If you are a dog owner looking for a one or two night stay, I'd pick somewhere else.

Room Tip: This is a new hotel, so the rooms are nice. Their pet policies and staff empowerment are poor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John Jay M
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I apologize that our phone conversation about the pet fee was not to your satisfaction. While I understand that a $75 fee for a one night stay may seem high, we are an extended stay hotel and many of our guests stay for a great length of time. The $75 fee is for 1 - 6 nights. Our pet fee is in - line with other pet fees charged by similar hotels with similar amenities in our market.
I was glad I had the opportunity to explain that our fee covers the additional cost that housing a pet brings. In addition to shampooing the carpeting and fabric furnishings, we also remove all bedding including the bed skirt. This ensures that the entire room is completely returned to a like new environment for the next guest who may perhaps have an allergy and would not like to stay in a room where a pet has been. In some cases, we must place the room out of inventory and can not sell it the night after a pet has been in the room to allow all fabric surfaces and carpeting to dry.
As a pet owner myself, I certainly understand that traveling with our furry friends can be expensive and sometimes it may seem the best option is to board our animals, but I am so glad there are pet friendly properties such as ours that allow me to travel with my dogs. It would be much more expensive to board my animals when I travel, and I would not be able to see their wagging tails welcoming me home.
I did notice that your reservation was booked through Expedia and not the hotel directly. I did verify that the pet fee is noted on our website as well as the Expedia website too. I apologize if you feel mislead, but the policy is clearly noted on all websites, and allows our property to welcome all guests to a like new condition.

Thank you again for commenting about your stay.
Conway
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Dec. 30. Our room was spacious and clean, with a full kitchen. It was delightful to walk around the lake upon our arrival. One thing that we really appreciated was having REAL dinnerware and silverware at breakfast. Such a nice touch! The hotel was off the interstate so it was quiet and conducive to a good night's sleep. We highly recommend this hotel!

2 Thank 20Carolyn10
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was so happy to see your review. I will be sharing your comments with the team.

Sam
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is off the beaten path and close to anything that you need need or want to go which is nice. The size of the room was exceptional. We had a King Suite. Doors closed to bedroom allowing additional noise reduction from hallway. They are pet friendly there which adds additional peace as the dogs are welcome in hotel on a leash. In fact dog bowls are at the entrance. The staff from the front desk to the cleaning crew were extremely nice and pleasant. The rooms decor was ok but the interior from bath to bedding is starting to show age. This includes the carpet. Our shower curtain was too long in tub and didn't keep the water from leaking out as the rod was not improperly installed. Mold in corner shows this is a frequent problem in this room but nobody fixes.
Upon check in there was no mention there was no hot water or compensation made. We had an event to attend right after checkin so that was frustrating. If they would have told I would have planned better but lack of time and no communication didn't help.
The grounds and area around the hotel are beautiful. There is a retention pond that has a long dock on it. Basketball courts (small but fun) and a nice walk area. All of which pet friendly.
The coffee here was awful and the breakfast was not very good at all. The selection was few and quality was bad. Because of price and pet friendly with a fee I would stay there again. But if rooms are not kept up this place could go down hill.

There was also events on the back terrace facing the pond on two of the tree nights we stayed. Called on third nite to desk as they were exceptionally loud and my room wasn't just above them. Imagine the other poor folks staying closer. There was a wedding party I was told and asked if they were too loud. It was weeeellll after midnight when I called. Front desk was not helpful and was aloof. Disappointing.

Room Tip: Face the pond. However construction during day across from pond on property has the constant beeping...
1 Thank sun95flower
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad to see you would return and enjoyed the physical amenities of the property. I have taken note of the noise issue outside of the building and will use this in additional training for our staff. Our building is steel and concrete, so I was shocked to see the comment about the noise. Regardless, I will address this. I also noted your comments about our breakfast, I am also ensuring with our team that we offer the standard Staybridge Suites Breakfast program and make sure items are replenished rapidly on super busy times as this was.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return visit.
Davie, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My stay was a wonderful experience . The hotel was clean and well kept. Staff was at tentative and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. Had free wifi. Kitchenette.nice breakfast Buffett and even dinner three times a week. Bed was very comfortable. Nice amenities and view of lake in back of hotel. Location was nice right off of I-10.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lman6411
Wow! This is certainly a very nice review. I was so pleased to see your comments. From Breakfast, to evening Social to our pond. Our team works hard to ensure our guests love us and it seems like it is working. I will certainly be sharing your comments with our team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were very impressed with this hotel. We were upgraded to a king suite that was much larger than we needed. The room was fresh and extremely well appointed. The young man whoa the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast included a large variety of well prepared items in a pleasant setting. The only negative about the place was the distance to restaurants--a six mile drive to the usual assortment of shopping mall style eateries.

We would stay here again if we were in Tallahassee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the time that you took to review our hotel. I also was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the restaurants may not be the closest to our location, but am sure glad we are away from all the hussle and bussle that sometimes plague suburban properties who choose to be so close to all the activities.
The business park we are in is Summit East and I understand that that park management is actively looking to add an additional restaurant in our complex.

Thank you again, and know that your comments do count. I share them with our ownership and our team.

See you soon.
Tampa
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I recently stayed at Staybridge in Tallahassee. I must say I had a wonderful time and slept good all night. The frontdesk person was phenomenal. I think her name was Holly. She made us feel very good after a long trip. Service like that is rare! Also the scenery was beautiful and grounds well kept. Will definitely be returning in the near future. Thanks Staybridge for a wonderful time. And thanks Holly, you made a wonderful impression on us.

• Stayed December 2013
I just want you to know what a great impression that you have made with Holly. She reads our reviews (as well as all of the staff), and was so happy to see your comments. I was so happy to see it was titled "Excellent"!
I agree 100%, of course we have been the #1 hotel on Trip Advisor in our city for over 2 years, so I am a little bias.

Thank you for writing such a great review.