“Best one off of 1-10”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After staying at Courtyard Marriott on the way to Louisiana. We decided to stay at Staybridge. Courtyard Marriott was $146 (after our discount: regular rate was $179.). Breakfast was extra, so we ate breakfast on the road. We decided to try Staybridge because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Wow! What a great value. Beautiful hotel on the lake a beautiful suite, and fantastic linens. We will be stopping at Staybridge Suites instead of Marriott from now on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 22, 2013

As other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is on a beautiful piece of property. The hotel has really made the lake behind it an enjoyable place to hang out. There is a lot of outdoor seating with tables just behind the lobby and breakfast room in addition to benches in the grass closer to the water and a pier where you can walk out onto the water. The downside to having such a nice setting is the hotel seems to attract groups. While we were there, there was an anniversary party group as well as a wedding party. Consequently, I was woken up several times during the night by groups of people talking very loudly in the hallways (and I was far from the elevator) and doors slamming. I was there on a weekend so perhaps this wouldn't be an issue during the week.

The front desk staff were extremely pleasant. When I checked in I was asked which floor I wanted to stay on and whether or not I wanted to be close to the elevator. Unfortunately though, he could not accommodate the one request I had previously made online - which was to be on the side facing the lake. In fact, he didn't even acknowledge that I had made the request.

We had a queen room. It was spacious with a desk and a comfortable love seat with two small coffee tables that could double as foot rests. And of course as in all their suites there was a full kitchen. My only complaint about the layout of the room is that there was no table for 2 people to sit together and have a meal. I found this very odd since the room is set up to cook meals. I assume that the larger rooms had a table.

The hotel has a complimentary breakfast which I considered to be above average and had lots of seating, especially if it is warm enough to sit outside. If you are staying here on business, take note that the breakfast doesn't start until 7:30 am.

The room was clean but be aware that the hotel only does a full service cleaning once a week for guests staying over a week. i.e. they only vacuum your room and change your sheets once a week while other services (towel changes, garbage pick up, make bed) are done daily.

While this is certainly an enjoyable place to stay, the main reason I cannot give this hotel an excellent rating is because of the poor quality of their supplies. By this I mean their tissues, toilet paper and garbage bags. This may seem trivial to some but it really bothered me. When it hurts to blow your nose, you know you are using cheap tissues. But more importantly was the fact that the garbage bags were so cheap that it was impossible to throw garbage away without it falling out of the bag. The kitchen garbage hung from the door under the sink and was a small thin clear plastic bag without a drawstring. Consequently, anytime I tried to throw food scraps away they would either tear the bag or just cause the bag to fall into the cabinet under the sink. I don't have an issue with cheap plastic bags in a normal hotel room but I do have a problem when I am cooking a meal and I can't keep the food scraps from falling on the floor.

The bottom line is that I would probably stay here again but I would bring my own tissues and kitchen garbage bags and make sure I was staying in a room that had a table.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a beautiful property on a man made lake (stocked with bass) with pool, basketball court, beautiful patio with fire pits. Nice hot breakfast, spacious and well kept rooms. The only negative thing I can say is this place is popular and sells out, so reserve ahead. Pet friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking lake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tabarber99
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here on business in February. My first time ever staying at a Staybridge. I was very impressed. From the front desk staff, to the spacious suites as well as hot breakfast and complimentary happy hour.

The furnishings were new, and modern including flat screen TVs. The bed was also very comfortable.

It appeared as though this hotel was brand new, but it has been open for several years now, it is very well maintained.

I would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed. Highly recommend staying here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DDTPA
Reviewed April 13, 2013

First time at Staybridge Suites. This nicely appointed hotel is located in a technology park with a lot of green space surrounding it. I reserved the smallest room, a studio; but it was more than adequate for me and my dog. The room was spacious for a studio with a kitchenette and a roomy bath (I hate closet-sized bathrooms). The premises and room are well-maintained and very clean. There are many restaurants about 6 miles west on I10. About a mile south of the hotel, there is a grocery store and other restaurants. The calendar on the refrigerator in my room indicated the hotel has get-togethers periodically. Breakfast is provided in the mornings and looked like the standard food. The green space afforded me the chance to give my lab a good, long walk after a couple of days of too-short expediency walks. It was Sunday so there were no people or cars in the businesses located within the park. Cost: approx. $180 which included a non-refundable pet fee of $75. Pet fee is per room. Suites are non-smoking

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank durangodawgs
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a beautifully kept property for our one night stay passing through Tallahassee. It was off the beaten path away from the noise and congestion of I-10 but still readily accessible to I-10 for continuing our trip the next morning. Breakfast was varied and tasty. Our room was very large and considering there were 2 weddings that filled up the hotel it was quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a short or long-term stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linderd
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for nearly two months with my daughter when relocating to Tallahassee a few years ago. I continue to recommend this hotel for travelers to Tallahassee who wish to stay at a quiet & beautiful place away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. It is easily accessible and only about a 15 minute drive from the city's center. Full breakfast every morning and dinner snacks on some evenings are a great plus. Laundry room on-site. Beautiful outdoor pool. Serene view of a pond with a dock to walk on. Surrounded by Tallahassee's lovely trees. Free access in-room of internet, with keyboard and screen to allow you to check email from your room, even if you do not have your laptop. Friendly staff. Warm fireplace in the seated area of the lobby. The hotel also offers excellent business meeting services. I recommend this hotel location to all business travelers, families with children, and vacationers. I have continued to stay here on visits to the city, even after I moved away in 2011.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious and offer a full kitchen, small dining area adjoining the kitchen, living area w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ojoscafeclaro
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for the very nice comments about your stay. Our team works so hard to ensure each and every guests stay is exactly like yours. I was so happy to see that our service brings you back and back.

Sam