“Lovely and relaxing property”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orr, Minnesota
“Lovely and relaxing property”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stayed for one week in a room that was configued more like a mini-apartment than a hotel room--a kitchen with a cooktop, dishwasher and full-size frig. There was an in-room computer. The whole hotel was modern and very clean.

A free breakfast was provided, and some nights of the week a free light supper plus wine and beer were offered.

We had a lovely view overlooking the lake, and the outdoor pool was warm and clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

In all of our travels, this hotel ranks as one of the top places we've stayed.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the lake offer the best view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maude59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Wife and I stayed here 1 night on our way back from Miami. The hotel is fairly new and we had the 1 BR suite which had a separate small kitchenette and living room separated by a door from the bedroom. The bathroom area contained a vanity and sink separate from the toilet and bathub/shower. The actual bathroom containing the bathtub and toilet was tiny and I would have preferred a large bathroom containing the sink, vanity, toilet anf tub. The 2 queen beds were comfortable. The BR was small but workable as was the LR. I think they tried to squeeze too much into the space alloted. There was a separate tv in the bedroom and another in the LR. the couch contained another pullout bed. Countertops throughout were granite. The hotel provided a nice free breakfast with eggs, make it yourself waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and a variety of other light options. Dining area was very nice with a "Greatroom" or "lodgy" feel. There was also outdoor dining on the stone terrace overlookiing the pond. The property was conveniently located close to I-10 but was still quiet and had a "country inn " feel to it. Staff was friendly and I Would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank akupupule
San Jose, CA
Reviewed April 14, 2011

This hotel was great and had great amenities. The problem is that it is really outside of Tallahassee so you can't walk to any restaurants or shopping from the hotel. That said, there are several good options just a short drive away so it's not horrible. The rooms are very clean and up to date and the service is outstanding. I would definitely stay here again if I could.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Wow is the only word to describe this hotel. I'm a business traveler and usally stay only one night at a hotel, but this is a place I would have enjoyed spending the weekend. Studio suites have full kitchens and an in room computer, although I travel with my own. This is an amenity I have not seen before. There is a beautiful patio area over looking a large pond. The fitness center is top notch and there is a basket ball court. Pool was fantastic, although it was cold and rainy during my stay so I didn't get to use it.The rate was equal to what at pay at regular-non suite hotel. The property is located less than a mile from the Tallahasse antique car museum. and just off of I-10.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank digger-ace
LA
Reviewed February 1, 2011

On our way to Disney we decided to stay halfway in Talahasse. After reading great reviews on Staybridge we booked a 2 bedroom suite/4 adults and 1 child 18months.
What a great choice. Everything went like a breeze from check in to check out. One room had King bed/own vanity & bath. Other bedroom had 2 double beds with its own vanity/bath. In between was kitchenette, living room/fire place,and a flatscreen TV in each room. Room was clean, beds comfortable and just very quiet amd relaxing.
Free breakfast in morning had scrambled eggs, pastries, oatmeal, waffle maker, etc.
Not much around this exit, but only an exit away from main strip loaded with restaurants.
Staff was pleasant, and answered any questions without hesitation. It was east of city, on a beautiful lake, away from downtown. Totally recommend this hotel.
We did purchase advanced reservations for a great price. Yes, there is no cancellation using this purchase, but we knew we were definitely going to be there.
Wish we had extra days to have lounged around.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2goLa
St. Augustine
Reviewed January 20, 2011

As a Priority Club member & returning guest, I was upgraded to a King Suite which was a nice touch, check-in went very well. After work I arrived to find a front office clerk named Monique, they had cookies out and I asked what kinds of cookies, her reply "how should I know", this was just the start. I called down at 6:45PM to inquire about dinner delivery options, she said "we have 3 options and you'll have to come down yourself to get the menus". I left and picked up dinner on my own. Later in the evening, there was a dog barking for over an hour, when I called and informed her I couldn't concentrate on work with all the barking she said "I'm all alone, what do you expect me to do"? I said I expected her to contact the guest and stop the barking, she said "you can find the room yourself" and hung up. I went down to speak with her and she was in the back with another person...but she couldn't assist me, the paying guest. This morning during check-out, the woman was kind, but not apologetic and to my surprise, didn't offer anything for my horrible customer service experience. I've had hotels comp me a room night for far less, I didn't request, but I certainly expected some sort of compensation...I certainly don't think my expectations are excessive. Whatever happened to Great Customer Service????

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank peyt34
florida
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The bathtub drain the sink drain and the commode drain were all broken when we asked the front desk to fix it we were told go to another room in the middle of the night.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple