“Other than price, outdated establishment..”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were placed here since the HAMPTON OVER BOOKED this weekend. No fault of Expedia, but the Hampton Inn's poor management.
Anyway, the plus was the friendly front desk.
The room we had was definitely dated, although the kitchenette was adequate with a full size fridge.
The night we stayed, starting at about 10pm, other guests were outside their room and chatting (not yelling, chatting) and we could hear the conversation as if there was no door,
The rooms face outside.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ckstoner
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Hello CKtoner,

First, we sincerely apologize for the guest chatting outside your room. In the future, at our hotel or any other hotel please call the frontdesk and someone will take care of a problem of this matter right away. Thank you for leaving your review, It helps us improve for the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Average room with fairly well equipped kitchenette. Great wi-fi and cable. If you dont smoke you will probably not like it, but it didn't bother me. The room was very clean. The only thing I really didn't like was the check in time is 3:00pm but it is close to good food and a great pool hall/sports bar. Walking distance to the Tallahassee Mall and several good restaurants.

Room Tip: Bring your own ice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Razrbak2112
frizzbe, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We do have an ice machine on site.
We also will check guests in earlier than 3pm if the room is available.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I sort of knew what I was getting into, but I previously stayed at another Suburban Extended Stay (different city), and it was not bad, so I gave it a try. I booked 5 nights and lasted 2. I could not take the smell. The first room I was given absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. The front desk manager actually then took me through about 6 rooms (all supposedly nonsmoking) and they all smelled funky or like smoke, except once which had a strong bleach smell. I decided to try one room that didn't smell "that bad" and asked them to de-oderize it (twice). I could not take it anymore after awaking with a migraine from the smell and left after the second night. I requested management to reimburse me something for my trouble and because I'd probably have to dry clean and wash all of my clothes which probably smelled of smoke. The person I asked when I left said she had no authority but she'd pass my request to management who would get back to me. I didn't get a call from them.

The room itself was run down but appeared clean. The mattress was old and the bed not comfortable. I probably would have lived with the room if not for the smell...you can also smell it as you walk outside the building. Just gross. Like a mixture of smoke and urine or something (?)

There is also no elevator, so I lugged my bags up and down stairs. Several times, as I went back and forth to the front desk asking for a different room, etc.

There were also some sketchy people staying there. Though the area didn't seem unsafe.

I paid more for a better hotel and wish I had done so immediately upon arrival. Trying to save some money is not always worth it!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KAF32082
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experience at suburban. We're working closely with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and also consulting with our janitorial service to improve the air quality within the rooms.
I assure you this problem won't go unnoticed. Again, Thank you, for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here overnight one night to catch our flight out of Tallahassee and one night on our flight back in from Tallahassee. It was an average hotel room, and no problem with the room or the service, just the location and the atmosphere of the place. The location did not feel very secure to me and the atmosphere was kind of creepy. The staff was very friendly checking in and out, but I would not stay here again if I was in this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki R
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and input. We're truly sorry you weren’t impressed. At Suburban, we strive to satisfy all of our guest needs. Please call Marie Patel or myself, (Yarnell) so we can discuss some way to better serve you in the future. Again, we apologize and hope you give us another chance to make your stay perfect.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This particular stay was as a result of my family’s trip to attend orientation at FSU. It is a quick drive to the campus from this location. There are several restaurants nearby. When we first arrived it was raining and I was thankful that the lobby had a overhang. The building itself had a colonial feel to it but I must admit it was a little awkward when I opened the door to the establishment to find that it resembled a business office with a traditional desk as the “front desk”. The front desk staff was quite friendly however and was quick to check me in. I received a key and discovered that the location for my room was directly across the street. Pulling in to the parking lot the building has a short parking lot on one side and a very large parking lot on the other side it is a two-story building and a contains approximately 20 rooms on each side with 10 rooms on each floor. I didn’t immediately see an elevator to later discover that there was one in the center of the building where there is an icemaker and a vending machine. My room number was 261 located on the second floor.

The room was quite neat and laid out as well as can be expected for a single room setting. It contained two double beds a small loveseat, a desk with a matching mirror, and a dresser/TV cabinet housing an old square 32 inch TV (bummer). There was also a small table with two chairs acting is a mini dining room. This room didn’t contain much of a closet but had a space allocated in the vanity area that contained plenty of space for our needs. The real surprise was the bathroom which contained a Jacuzzi style tub. The kitchen area featured a full-sized refrigerator with a freezer and an icemaker, a microwave oven, a small sink, a dishwasher and a two burner electric stove. Outside there are security cameras and a cute seating area located under an enormous oak tree. The pool is located directly across the street (we didn’t utilize it for this trip) featuring a gazebo. The parking lot as well lit and bordered by a privacy fence.

The cable in this hotel was provided by Ovation Networks (I have never heard of them but it was a decent picture) there are 42 stations available with the bulk of the most-watched stations included. I was most impressed with their wireless connectivity. As a wireless specialist, I did a general survey of availability throughout the room and discovered that the signal was quite powerful even through the walls. Speeds were adequate for streaming as well. The air-conditioning unit functioned well and even though I set it for the lowest it would go, which registered as 60°, I assure you it never got to 60°, although it was cool enough for us, given that it was 90° out. I had ordered extra pillows and they were present upon arrival. The bed slept comfortably and the darkness rating in this room was a 9 out of a possible 10 with some leakage around the Windows.

Overall given the proximity of this establishment to the FSU campus, and the cost per night related to the amenities that you receive, this is a great value and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank weirdave

Thank you so much for the nice comments about you stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been staying at this location for 33 years, formerly know as the Executive Suites. It is a quiet place with adequate rooms, clean, refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeee maker, wi-fi, TV cable, and jacuzzzzi in almost every room, etc.. It is conveniently located on the north side with ample restaurants in the area, drugstores, Staples, and an extensive shopping mall close by. The straff has always been friendly and helpful over the years even with the change in ownership and name. The decor is tasteful and yet it is not elaborate. There are very few places in all my travels that offer so much for so little cost. It makes my Tallahassee, away from home, home a pleasant stay, always. Thank you for working hard to keep it basic, friendly, and very reasonable in cost. See you on my Tallahassee visits, always.
Dr. Earle E. Lee,
Haines City, FL
eb.lee@verizon.net

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dreelee
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We're so honored that our Hotel is your home away from home. We know long periods of times away from home can be difficult. So, our staff always strive to make every guest happy. Thanks again fro your positive comments. See you next time!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I moved to Tallahassee to become general manager of a hotel close to this one. I moved back home to Atlanta and i wanted to write a review of this place while i did stay here. This is really an awesome Suburban. Obviously it isnt a five star hotel but its five star as far as extended stay hotels go. The rooms are extremely clean and have everything you need. They meet "brand standards" too. I know that because i used to be the g.m. of two seperate Suburban hotels before. The bathrooms are great because they have huge jacuzzi tubs. I've never seen that at Suburbans before. I cant get over how clean this place is because some Suburbans can be lacking in that department. The room are nicely appointed and the color scheme they use suits the rooms well. All the employees are extremely helpful and friendly and the management is excellant. They are very quick to respond to isssues that come up and seem really concerned with you having a good stay. If you dont want to go to the hassle of finding an apartment here in TLH this is where you want to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lrosberg
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Please know that we value your feedback and it will be shared with the staff. Please keep us in mind for your next visits to Tallahassee.

Warm Regards,