New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central

Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Lake Placid, Florida, United States
“Nice, clean hotel. Would stay there again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff are really helpful. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious. Their wireless internet is really fast, which was helpful. The only real problem I had were the elevators, they were very slow and made a weird noise which made me kind of nervous, but I stayed on the 4th floor so....what are you gonna do, I used the elevators. Other than that, I would definitely stay there again. It's pretty reasonable at under $100.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shannon S
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central.

I am so happy to see that you had a great stay with us! We did have the elevators inspected to ensure satisfaction for our guest and they are running perfectly now. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

We looko forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Leila F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

All services were excellent with friendly staff, clean rooms and property. Jacuzzi suite is not worth the little bit of extra money. I would like to see more cable channels but I wasn't there to watch TV.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi spa suite is not worth it to me.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 397RobL
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central!

I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay here with us! We are upgrading our channel selctions and that will be implemented next week. We look forward to having you as a guest with again in the future.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

All services were very good. The staff was very professional, the rooms were quite comfortable and fully equipped. I would like to see more cable channels added, for example, TV-One a station for African Americans.

Room Tip: Rooms were very comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beverlye N
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central!

I am very happy to see that you had a pleasant experience! Just to let you know, next week we are getting our channels upgraded to offer a wider variety for our guest.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hospitably yours,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The property and rooms were clean and well kept, the staff was courteous and helpful. My only real complaint is that it's very noisy, you hear everything in the rooms around you and the mini fridge is so loud that it kept waking me up.

They do a half price happy hour, the menu is the usual, but the food is good.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central.

We are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. We have a new menu that will be implemented soon! We look forward to having you stay with us again and trying out the great new food.

We love your username, by the way! Thank you for staying with us.

Hospitably yours,

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

22 channels?  That's it?  Is this 1980? There is no Nickelodeon, Bravo or E, nor VH1, no MTV, no A&E, TV Land or AMC, etc. That's pretty sad considering even the lower end hotels now of the Hilton and Marriott chains provide more channels than this. I've stayed at Courtyard or Hampton Inn hotels where they provided over 80 channels. Come on HGI - step up the channel lineup for your guests.  If you're going to charge over $150.00/night for these rooms, at least make it worth it.  They have updated to flat screen LCD TVs in the rooms (the pictures online show the older tube TVs) but the channel offering is just horrific.  The rooms are basic, clean and relatively quiet.  Never have quite understood the "adjustable comfort" mattress at the HGI hotels.  The firm setting feels exactly the same as the soft setting with no discernible difference. Good thing I'm not picky about beds. As long as the bed is clean I can sleep in it.  Free wireless is nice and the hotel is in a convenient location.  Staff is friendly and helpful.  Would I stay here again? Maybe. But only after a major channel upgrade. I'm not a huge TV junkie but when I'm in my room I'd like to have more than the basic channels and 4 different ESPN channels to watch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kimmyh24
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I understand how frustrating that could be for you. The transition to 60 HD channels is already in process.

Next time you are traveling to the area please give me a call at 850-893-8300 and I would love to set you up with a reservation as well as give you an update on the process.

Thanks for the feedback as it is the only way for us to truly know what guest like yourself want and need at our hotels!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

After spending all day at the hospital with an ill family member we were just looking for a clean quiet night's sleep. What we found was a dirty room with stains on the doors, mirrors that had not been cleaned, a lampshade that showed water stains/dust and no mattress pad on the bed. I've stayed in a lot of Hilton's and have never seen one dirty like this one. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I wanted to say first that I hope that your family member is doing well. I am very disappointed to learn that we did not meet nor exceed your expecations. I have taken your review and the pictures to my team and we have put an action plan in place to assure that this does not happen again. This is not the experience that we want to deliver to our guest and we will resolve this situation immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would love for you to give me a call so we can further discuss your experience. 850-893-8300.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time staying at this hotel. I can't say enough about the staff. Chevon at the front desk went out of his way to get me checked in at 10:00AM and I got the room I wanted. Great staff, great food and great location. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee-Central! We are so pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay. Chervon is definitely an asset to our hotel. I will make sure that he knows you said such kind words about him.

We can not wait to see you all again!