Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stopped for the night on way to Disney World. It was late but staff couldn't do enough to make sure we were comfortable. Room by Elevator but so quiet we almost slept through our departure time. Beds were comfortable and I loved the big tub.

Room Tip: don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Holiday Inn was nothing spectacular. The check in process was easy and fast. The hotel has free wireless Internet and parking, which was great. The room also had a refrigerator, which we didn't need, but was nice to have anyways. We chose the hotel accidentally, intending to book at the one closer to the Capitol, but it ended up working fine. The drive downtown was simple and quick. There isn't much of a view out of the rooms because of where the property is situated. Easy choice for a short stay during a high travel weekend in Tallahassee.

Quick tip: There are only a few parking spots in the front of the hotel. All other spaces are in the back. Unfortunately we didn't realize there was a back entrance and had to walk around in the rain at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank j_mac323
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear j_mac323,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased you liked our check in process and our parking lot. We are sorry that we fell below of your expectations with some aspects of our hotel and any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, FL.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Good rooms and ample free parking and free wifi. Good location close to the university. I paid 130 total which is high but Tallahassee hotels generally expensive. So while not a great deal, the hotel was solid and the price is high given its a college & capitol town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was here for a quick stay before flying out of Tallahassee. The TV didn't work in my room, but for only the few hours I was there that was fine. The beds were comfortable and things were clean, pretty much all I need for the short time there!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for an overnight stay. Service was great. Room was very clean. Good location. Good rate. Check out time is 11 which is a little later then some places. Will come again! Only complaint was the bed was a little firm, we are use to a softer bed at home.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every trip we have made to Orlando as the location is the perfect stop after driving all day from Houston. However our recent experience with this hotel and their lack of compassion will keep us from making this a stop in the future. I booked this hotel a month in advance of our trip, knowing it would be busy during Spring Break travel time. Unfortunately I booked an Advanced Purchase room, which I will never do again. On the day of our travels our car broke down on I 10 in Louisiana. We finally got it to a repair shop in Lafayette, found out they couldn't get the part until Monday and ended up having to leave the car and rent a car to continue on to Orlando. This took over 3 hours from our travel time and we ended up in a 2 hour back up over the Beaux Bridge. Obviously we were not going to make Tallahassee that evening. I called the hotel to explain that there was no way we could make it to Tallahassee and why but the girl that answered the phone was uncaring, stating that they would hold our room until 7 am the next morning. Not wanting to waste the money we had paid on this room we decided to try to make it to Tallahassee even though it would be around 2 in the morning when we arrived. Wisely though we decided our safety was more important than the money and we stopped in at a Holiday Inn Express in Milton around 10. I understand that I purchased a prepaid room and got it a few dollars cheaper. However, there is a time for compassion and taking care of people. We have all the paperwork to show that the car was left at the repair shop and that we were in a rental car which delayed our trip. We were not trying to "cheat" the hotel out of money. We just knew it was not safe for us to be on the road that many hours, especially with the stress of breaking down on the freeway. I called in plenty of time for them to resell that room. Instead it sat there empty that night because the hotel personnel thought it was best for us to drive until 2 AM to sleep in that room. I am sadden to experience such lack of compassion and hope that the management of this hotel will remember you are dealing with people, not dollars.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terri K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Terri K,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very sorry you received service which was unacceptable but please understand that our staff members are just following the hotels policy. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead offer options that can make them stay at our hotel. Things come up, and we totally understand that. We just ask that the next time you make reservations, please always take time to read the cancellation policy. Nevertheless, We still consider you a guest though you weren't able to stay with us, we are always looking to the future and your future travel plans. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here with my wife one night during the week. Great hotel, staff was excellent, clean, had drinks and dessert at the bar, newer hotel, easy access to the freeway. Would stay here again anytime.

while I liked the hotel a lot I find this 200 character rule stupid and I'm just typing to fill up the damn spaces.

I like trip advisor but this rule discourages me from doing reviews except when I'm really aggravated and need to vent ......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family