“Great Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed on a return trip for visiting family in Fort Meyers, and what a suprise when we walked into the lobby I saw that my name had been chosen as the guest of the day. The front desk informed me that they randomly draw names and they were upgrading our stay to the suite instead of just the normal room. I didn't know what to expect, but was blown away when we entered and found out that we had two rooms with a huge living room and kitchen area and then a large bedroom with a king sized bed. I was also given a gift bag on arrival with water and snacks ( thanks to being a priority member) and also complimentary vouchers for the breakfast. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. If you ever are in the area and need a room don't hesitate to stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Visiting for family function. First time at this hotel. Staff were very accommodating and you really felt like they were glad you had chosen their hotel. Restaurant was clean and food was very reasonable and good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn as a pit stop on a business trip. I checked in late at night, and was glad to come into a clean and new hotel. The room and the bathroom were both extremely clean. I could not find one stain, smudge, or imperfection in the whole room! Housekeeping performed at a 4 star level, something I did not expect from an off the interstate hotel. Besides the room being clean, it also appeared to be a new property with new furnishings, tv, and beds. The rooms also had free wifi!. The hotel had a nice layout with vending machines on each floor, an upscale lobby and dining area, and a very nice pool and hot tub. My only complaint would be there was a very anoying humming noise comming from the bathroom wall in the bedroom that would never go away. Since I was very tired and fell right asleep, I did not bother notifying the front desk. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and would stay here again when passing through or visiting Tallahassee!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FsuTraveler
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a very nice Holiday Inn---not an Express so no continental breakfast and your stay is more expensive! There is a restaurant on-site, but we did not eat there. Food smelled wonderful and prices were affordable, though! There is a nice Waffle House right next door and a Krispy Kreme on N. Monroe a few blocks south of I-10. Nice pool and workout room! Clean rooms and nice staff! The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is the location---it was a little bit difficult to find the first time! There are several hotels in the same area, side-by-side and the street it is located on comes up very quickly (on the west side of the street) off N. Monroe St. once you cross over the I-10 overpass--a lot quicker than the map showed! Overall, a good night's sleep at a very nice hotel! Thanks!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My room had dozens to hundreds of lady bugs in it when I woke up in the morning (ceiling, walls, bed). Ispoke to the front desk and asked that a manager call me. No call. I sent multiple emails and finally received a response weeks later from the General Manager. He stated he was “having email problems” and would “investigate the issue and get back to me.” No follow-up. Again, I sent multiple emails (he also had my phone number). No reply. I made a personal visit to the property in May 2011 to speak to the GM He offered me 10,000 points stating that was enough for a free night (his property is 25,000 points for a free night but he said he does not go to the Priority Club site very often). He told me at that time he was never made aware of the issue until he got my email weeks after the fact and that he was having email problems. We agreed upon 15,000 points which the GM said he would contact Priority Club that day to deposit. I followed up that day with an email from multiple accounts. No reply. Again, I waited over a month and a half. No deposit. No follow-up from the property. I called the GM again on 18JUL2011. He told me that he would call Priority Club and get back to me. Again, no points deposit ,no follow-up. I called again on 26JUL2011 and left a voice mail. On 27JUL2011, the GM left me a voice mail that points had been deposited and to contact him if there was any issues. I checked my account to see 12,500 points had been deposited (not the 15,000 that were agreed upon months earlier).I called the GM who got very short with me telling me that was all I was going to get and that he “had gone up to the room and only found two bugs.” When I asked him how long after my stay he went to the room. He stated, “I don’t remember the time frame. He was unconcerned and said “call whoever you want. That’s all your getting.” At that point, I knew the “email problems” excuse was just that an excuse hoping the issue would just fade away. If he truly had an email issue, he would have wanted it corrected for fear of losing sales and customers. This was nearly 6 months of chances given to the property. AFter that long I should have been compensated above and beyond Priority Club Points. I am a 20 year Platinum Priority Club member.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank JohnnySokko
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel is on the backside of a loop (I-10) and very convenient to where I needed to be to hit the Florida State Archives downtown, but not so close that there was alot of noise from traffic.

The room was very comfy and clean, but my rave review is reserved for the breakfast in the morning. It was the best southern breakfast I had ever had... not the typical bland meal that I am used to from a chain hotel, but the cooks managed to make me feel like I was home. I never think of Florida as the south, but this meal certainly reminded me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stay at this Holiday Inn each time we travel to WDW. It comes at the end of a 12 hour day on the road and is always a welcome sight. The rooms are clean and the staff are nice and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple