“Pretty good place, for Tallahassee.”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #2 of 823 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

A great spin on modern dining. Buffalo, is a very different but tasty treat. Crowded on a Friday is nothing to be worried about, 20-30 minute wait is all we had. My family and I loved the Burgers, but were less enthralled with the Prime Rib. I would say overall, very satisfied, just not the best Prime Rib.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife, daughter and I went to Ted's Montana Grill for lunch last Saturday. This was our second trip to this restaurant. I really enjoyed it the first time and we were in the area so we decided to try it again. It was around 1:30 in the afternoon and it wasn't busy at all - Florida vs. Florida State football game that day.

We were seated right away by a very friendly host and our server, Ed, arrived shortly thereafter. Drinks came quickly and he gave us time to chat and review the menu. My wife ordered a salad, my daughter had a beef cheeseburger and I ordered the Red Rock Bison burger, which has jalapenos, pepper jack cheese and their "Z sauce". Since it was Thanksgiving weekend and we had already trashed our diets, I started us off with an order of onion rings. Those came out quickly and were phenomenal, especially dipping them in the horseradish sauce. Normally, onion rings a very greasy but these were lightly battered, crunchy, and not greasy. The food came out quickly as well and I must say, my burger was excellent. Cooked exactly as I wanted it. My wife and daughter had similar experiences with their entrees.

Ed kept checking back on us, filling waters and replenishing wine as required. I would estimate that we stayed there a good two hours. We never felt rushed at any time. I'm anxious to go back and visit again the next time we're visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Tallahassee because there were many very interesting items on the menu and I'd like to go for dinner to sample that. I would highly recommend Ted's to anyone looking for a laid-back, cost effective, and delicious meal.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My hubby ordered the bison burger naked and I ordered Ted's Bacon Cheeseburger. Both burgers were HUGE and so good. We did not especially care for the bison meat but that was a taste preference. The onion rings and fries are great too! Initially we thought the prices were a bit much but the amount of food is a bit much too! However when we asked for mustard, we were handed an unopened jar to use from. It would have been nice to have the mustard in a condiment container for easier use. Also I realized the fresh dill pickle chips are merely cucumbers in a vinegar sauce. Yuck! I don't like cucumbers but my husband enjoyed them.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have never been disappointed in Ted's after a dozen visits. The staff is well trained and very friendly. The food is always spot on. Try the bison burgers or steaks! You can get a burger with just about any topping you can imagine. All food appears cooked to order. The salads are fresh with good dressings and fresh baked bread. Did I mention the cheese cake? woot woot

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went last night with our family of 4. Not crowded so we had our pick of tables. Nice decor. I found the waitress to be abrubt and somewhat unfriendly..one word answers upon menu inquiries. I got the bison burger and it was pretty good. Husband got filet w/ baked potato and enjoyed it.There are no drink specials. House and Chopped salads were good. Had to ask for bread bc they bring out marinated pickles instead. Nothing special for a upon telling the waitress it was my husbands bday. Bill was over $60 for 2 adults and one child eating. Probably won't go back for a special occasion.