“Good steaks, side dishes and salads good as well, but not spectacular”

Marie Livingston's Texas Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #58 of 836 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a nice restaurant, lovely ambience and the steaks are cooked to your liking. The problem you will have if you have any type of food allergy is getting the steak cooked to your liking without the house sauce which has gluten and all sorts of allergens in it. Even though my steak was respectably good I will not return here due to the difficulty of getting my food gluten free without having to speak with the entire staff and sending things back twice.

3  Thank TravelMavenFlorida

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I always have a pleasant experience at Marie Livingstons. The food, atmosphere and staff are always welcoming.

1  Thank Georgia D
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate here recently and I thought it was excellent. The rolls were delicious. The steak was well prepared and the sauce was perfect. I added the grilled kebab vegetables and the too were great. All in all highly recommend for steak.

1  Thank nlaz
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went with a group so they were expecting us. I normally do not order a steak when I eat out. I usually wind up disappointed for the price. So I took a chance and had the ribeye. Must say it was one of the best steaks I have eaten in a while. Great flavor and tender. Ate every bit of mine and used my roll to sop up the juice. Everyone in our group commented on how good their meal was and was talking still about it later that night. The staff were very helpful when ordering. They were knowledgeable of the menu, flavors and what dishes complemented the entre. However they did force desert on us. Will visit again next time in Tallahassee.

1  Thank imbatman3
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Poor Marie. She has worked like a hound dog in her life. And she has had three different steakhouses in Tallahassee and over the years (when she was there) the food and service was nothing less than spectacular. However, my friends and I went to Marie Livingston's last Sunday night for one of our birthdays and had a truly dismal meal. The service was atrocious and so was the food. The waiter had apparently not been trained (?) .

Salads, grilled shrimp and steak. Salads arrived and were limpy and with a pure oil dressing. That was not the balsamic vinaigrette . Just awful. Shrimp were grilled to be as tough as leather. Steaks were something we could have gotten at Outback or Longhorn Steakhouse. Very average.

As we left, we all looked at the shutters covering the west side of the building. They had all been backed into or something and not repaired. Kind of indicative of the whole operation. Nobody paying attention and nobody caring.

THIS WAS THE LAST TIME I AM GOING TO THIS PLACE if you have not guessed.

Bye Marie! You did a heck of a job in your time of running places here.

2  Thank maninthemoon850