“Took a friend who also is a foody and he was impressed”

Marie Livingston's Texas Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #49 of 859 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We are travelers and we like steak. The salad the sides and the steak were are great! I do not understand the less than great reviews here. I have been a number of times. Never dissatisfied.
My wife will tell you that I always ask for A-1 steak sauce. Not here. They deliver the steak in their own sauce and it is delicious. wait staff is attentive. I will be back and bring others.

1  Thank blessedman

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were seated promptly at our reservation time. They offer booths, which provides a little more privacy while eating. The restaurant was nice, but the table décor and settings were unimpressive. On the plus side, the service was prompt throughout the meal. The food, including the steaks, were good, but nothing outstanding. There are other restaurants in Tallahassee that provide better food at less of a cost!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having just gotten back stateside my sister and her husband invited me to dinner because they had a groupon. I'm in the restaurant business so I'm a little pickier than most but some parts of our meal were just awkward and unnecessary.
My brother in law ordered a drink as we sat, I didn't because we weren't given a wine list/drink menu. His drink took atleast 10-15 minutes. The waiter spilled the butter on the table and called across the room for someone to clean it up but no one did. We had no bread plates until 5 minutes after the bread arrived.
Once our appetizers came we both ordered drinks that were apparently forgotten about, as were our dishes from the apps that sat stacked on the table well into the entree.
Drinks took a while again.
The tomatoes on my salad were clearly old, even black.
Entree was good. Steak cooked perfect! But my second glass of wine arrived with a tiny bug in it. Our server was nowhere to be found until the bill arrived and then we were just ready to go.
All in all- if I didn't have a groupon I wouldn't return and even then I would pray for better service. I hope it was that guys first night :/

1  Thank GApeach87
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The steak was delicious it was juicy and cooked medium just like i like it! The service was outstanding and the drinks were yummy! Kinda on the expensive side but well worth the money and if u love steak this is the placebo be! Yummmmmmmie!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was a crowded Friday night so we waited for awhile but wound up eating at the bar. Decent salad (with great chunky blue cheese dressing) and fabulous steaks. Hubby had the ribeye and I the filet. Both cooked perfectly. They come out sitting in a "sauce/ au jus" and it is very tasty. Key lime pie for dessert was very good also and more than enough to share.