“A varied menu and class act !”

Marie Livingston's Texas Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #38 of 801 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Tallahassee, Florida
“A varied menu and class act !”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The steak menu is varied and awesome, the barbecue offered is amazing, the help is professional and courteous and managers display the best of Southern Hospitality ! We have frequented the Apalachee parkway restaurant for lunch and dinner quite a few times, and have never been disappointed. We take out of town visitors to Maries and feel confident they will be pleased with the fare and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013

“A dining experience to remember!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice dining experience. Starting with the service, was prompt, personable, and very knowledgeable of the menu. We placed our drink orders, which came out fast and made very well. The soup was french onion, which was fresh, bold, and very flavorfull. Our salad was crisp and fresh. The steaks(filets) were cooked to perfection, and very tender. The waitress made a great recommendation with the wine pairings, from a pinot noir to a dry bold merlot. We have been to Marie's before, and will continue to visit, every chance we have.

• Visited July 2013
Temple Terrace, Florida
“Great meal”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Met friends there after four hour drive on the Friday kicking off Memorial Day weekend-got an idea of my frame of mind? Inside decor- there is non, bar was noisy, sports on the big screen television, lots of young & middle aged professionals yelling at one another, I felt at home. And, after the steak,I wanted to move in!
While the atmosphere is nothing to rave about the ribeye steak was the best I've eaten in a long time. Cooked just the way I requested and sitting in a shallow pool of Marie's secret sauce ( I know it's a Worcestershire sauce base), and accompanied by a veggie kabob that was just a little over cooked. In fairness to the cook, it's hard to grill, onions, mushrooms,bell peppers and tomatoes together without overcooking one. My dinning companions, also raved about their steaks, and two of us aren't regular red meat eaters. Other sides at the table were loaded baked potatoe, sweet potatoe, and veggie mix. Everyone at our table reported a delicious meal.

• Visited May 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Date nights or family outings!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've been to this place several times. We usually get the groupons and then use them for date nights.

The restaurant is BEAUTIFULLY decorated. It has all the rich dark colors of a steak house, with a lovely posh and romantic flair.

Service has always been friendly, efficient, and professional. Honestly, I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with staff.

Last night we went with family and dining companion and I used the GroupOn (two soups, two entrees, two cocktails, two glasses of wine). We arrived early and our table for six was not ready, so we sat at the bar. Bartender was a lot of fun to interact with and he set the mood for an excellent and fun evening.

Once seated, dining companion and I both had the Baked Potato Soup and we both loved it. I felt it was a little peppery, but I still scooped it all out of the bowl! Dining companion thought it was perfect. I had the fillet (7 oz) with a sweet potato. He had TBone with grilled veggies. Fillet was cooked perfectly. I didn't ask him how his TBone was, but he finished all of it and didn't talk much during the meal, so he must have enjoyed it! :-) Entrees come with rolls and salad. Rolls were delicious and hot (so much so that I had to let it cool before I picked it up!). The salad was good too. Everyone else in our party seemed pleased with their steaks and one member ordered the fettuccine Alfredo, which she raved about.

I'm looking forward to the next visit.

• Visited May 2013
Jennings, Florida
“A Little Class for Lunch”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food, as always, was deliciously prepared, nicely served, and reasonably priced. In addition to that, we girls enjoy a nice white table cloth with real napkins. The service was attentive and pleasant. Marie Livingstons is just a good place to lunch with a good friend.

Visited March 2013