“King of Burritos”

Los Compadres Restaurant
Ranked #577 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend has been eating here for over 10 years and I have both been eating here for over 7. The salsa is authentic. I love the queso dip. The menu was good before but we really like the new introduction of the burrito menu. The best thing this place has is their burritos. We always get the steak and it's great. I can't speak for the chicken or hamburger meat. I also like veggie fajitas and steak fajitas and the corn tacos (soft shells) are super good.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place is the best Mexican joint in town...the food is good and the beer is cheap. What more can you ask for? If you go, order the bistec ala Mexicana...it's not on the new menu, but they'll still make it if you know to ask for it. Really good stuff! The one time to not go here is Cinco de Mayo...they jacked-up the prices of beer (e.g., we paid more for less beer). Any other day of the year is a good day to go here for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

They just release a new menu like a month ago, and I must say the new plates are great!, design is different from all other mexican restaurant (all of them seems to have the same menu). Food improves to! Affordable prices! Excellent place to hang out with friends or take your parents!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

It's around the corner so we have been going there since ti opened 16 years ago. There are waiters there that have been there since day one. We have watched the bar move around the room with each new remodel, watched the colors change, tasted chefs come and go, watched it burn and be reopened.

Right now the food is fab! I suspect a chef change recently because we hadn't enjoyed it as much in the last couple of years.

Prices went up recently with a menu change, a hint higher than it should be I think, but we will still go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food here is absolutely terrrible, and the service is even worse. I had some beans and rice and the beans were so bad I took a bite and couldn't eat more. I told the waiter they were awful, and he kind of ignored me. So then I asked him if he could take the beans of the check. He said he couldn't and got the manager. Then the manager tells me that once you order something, you have to pay for it. And that he is from Mexico so if they were bad he would know. I mean these refried beans were not edible.

So if you want margaritas, this place is good. But STAY AWAY FROM THE FOOD!

1  Thank Jaime H