“Local Italian Cuisine”

Little Italy Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #170 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Local Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is one of my favorite places. I have eaten many different dishes here and usually I am not disappointed. The fresh bread and olive oil/fresh tomato blend are a must-have. I usually order the Baked Eggplant. Don't expect a lot from the salads and antipasto. They will also allow you to make substitutions and additions. Weather permitting, outside dining is fabulous. The interior is a little dated but this is not the main thing I look for in a restaurant--particularly a local one that's been around for awhile.

• Visited June 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Great Italian Food and Locally Owned”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Many great menu items. The most delicious garlic rolls and oil mix ever! The owners and staff are always VERY friendly and accomodating. My fav are the calzones, pizzas and meatballs...be hungry!! Prices are comparable to the "big box" Italian restuarants. Check them out if you are willing to go locally.

• Visited May 2014
Tallahassee fl
“not the greatest”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Back in the day in the 90's this was a really good authentic Italian restaurant.
Unfortunately this is no longer the case. I meet a group of friends once a month and we went to Little Italy about 3 months ago. I ordered the chicken marsala; no way did this dish even resemble anything resembling a marsala dish. I couldn't finish it. However everyone else at the table seemed to enjoy their pasta dishes so I let it go unmentioned.
Last week we met there again. I did want to give it another chance and this time I ordered "country chicken" which in the past had been very good. Alas it was bland but edible...no hint of spices or herbs .....no imagination. Brought home what I wasn't inspired to finish and my husband readily agreed. Such a shame; we truly believe in patronizing local businesses but will have to pass on LI in the future.
The service was good for a table of 8.

• Visited May 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good food, great ambience, good service”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went to Little Italy again the other day and it seems to get better each time. Eating outside in the large courtyard is especially nice in the spring and fall. Wait staff is out quickly with bread and butter.
They have a happy hour special of buy one glass of wine, get the second at half-price. BUT...You can't order two glasses and give one to your spouse, as they won't want to give the discounted price without a discussion. Go figure.
I had eggplant florentine, and it was VERY good. Came with spaghetti with marinara sauce which was good. Our friend had spaghetti and meatballs and liked it a lot.
Two waiters are Albanian (close enough to Italy, right?). They're both very good and make you think you're dealing with the owner.
We'll come back again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank goodeatsed
Edinburg, Texas
“Enjoyable local Italian cafe”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Even though Olive Garden was across the street from our hotel, we wanted to eat at a local restaurant and chose Little Italy which was only a 4-minute drive away. It was located next to a Winn-Dixie on Magnolia street. Even though there were cute candle-lit tables outside in the courtyard, it was a little chilly and we sat inside instead. The restaurant is separated into bar and dining areas. Our server was good but didn't tell us about any specials except that if we bought a bottle of wine, we would get a free appetizer. A different server told a group next to us of a couple of fish specials we didn't hear about. Anyway, I decided to just have a glass of Pino Grigio to go along with my Sicilian style baked eggplant and spaghetti which was excellent. My husband ate lasagna that he said was average. I noted many of the diners were eating pizza, one man behind me told his wife it was very good. We passed on dessert because we were full.
Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience. I would recommend eating outdoors when the weather is a touch warmer for more of a romantic dinner.

Visited February 2014