“Sure Wish they'd Label the various dishes.”

Bamboo House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #388 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I'm not a big Chinese food fan so it would really help me if they would label the assortment of food. It would be nice to know if it's chicken or pork-- if it's spicy or mild etc. I can usually get around a Chinese Buffet when there is a description of the items. My choices were good my partner enjoyed his meal more than I enjoyed mine. Next time I'll order off the menu.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Don't waste your time here. Can't beleive this is the #1 rated Chinese in Tally. Very dirty, steam condensing on hot food bar cover and dripping into food. Hot bar had old dried food on the base of it. Had the look and feel of old China, without the farm animals in the kitchen. Poor quality and little selection. Love Chineses food so will try other "highly rated" places next trip back.

1  Thank TravelDan55
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very poor buffet! Poor quality and few choices!The beef had a scary texture and the shrimp were mushy! Service was as bad as the food! The building is rundown and dirty! The staff was loud and obnoxious! Overall this was probably the worst chinese restaraunt I have ever seen and I will never waste my time or money here again!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank cecil65
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family has been going here since they first opened(a LONG time ago). I always go for lunch and I love love love their buffet. It is fresh, home made chinese food...you can taste the difference. They always remember my grandfather and father and have their drinks at the table litterally before they sit down. Its an awesome family run place that is just plain made from scratch chinese food. LOVE IT!

1  Thank VHolly88
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I used to live in Tallahassee and ate regularly from the buffet at this restaurant. However, discovered there is much more to enjoy than that. When I visited recently, I was in a group of several friends and Lucy, the proprietor said she would "take care of us." She brought out enough entrees for each adult to have one, but of course we all shared. The food was spectacular, the most authentic Chinese I've tasted since returning from China last summer. There was a delicious rice and vegetable soup, amazing basil chicken, garlic shrimp, wonderful vegetables--it was all great. I noticed that we had eaten everything by the time dinner was over.
The restaurant is just a storefront on a side street. You might miss it if you aren't paying close attention. You might also have to drive around the block because of the one-way streets. Parking is in the rear and is quite limited. The inside is not very fancy: a basic dining room decorated with typical Chinese-restaurant paintings, paper lanterns, and calendars.
The food, however, is very special and well worth the trip.

1  Thank KingAndrew