“Just what I need!ed after a stressful couple of weeks”

The Little English Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 4 Tallahassee B&B and Inns
Tallahassee, Florida
“Just what I need!ed after a stressful couple of weeks”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed at the Little English Guest House on my third trip to Tallahassee, and only wish I had discovered it sooner. Tracy arranged for me to have a much needed massage on my night of arrival. I had been packing for several weeks and dealing with the stresses of moving. I spent 2 nights at the guest house, and found it absolutely delightful. All of the little touches made me feel very comfortable. Breakfast was yummy, and I enjoyed sitting in the garden in the mornings and sipping on a cup of Tracy's delicious coffee. Tracy is a wonderful lady, and made me feel very welcome. It was truly like a "home away from home," and definitely better than the impersonal feel of a typical hotel. Kudos to the Little English Guest House.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you for your kudos! We also wished you had "discovered" us a bit sooner too, it would have made all your relocation trips to Tallahassee more joyous, less stressful. Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hanover, NH
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is a wonderful B&B well located in Tallahassee with lots of nice touches. Spacious rooms, nicely furnished, excellent breakfast, and Tracey Cochran is a friendly and helpful innkeeper. We loved the attention to detail and her environmental sensitivities. Absolutely perfect for our stay in Tallahassee

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
What a sweet thing to say, thank you so much! We agree that we're the perfect place to stay, I hope others agree, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Tallahassee.
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Arriving from out of the country to attend a family wedding, I spent my first two nights at the Little English Guest House to unwind. It was the perfect choice. The room was nicely accessorized, the bed comfortable, the surroundings peaceful, and the breakfast delicious. Tracy was the perfect hostess: there to respond to questions and help me re-acclimate to stateside but affording me the privacy I so desperately needed. Located near good restaurants and shopping areas, not to mention Interstate 10 for ease of crosstown travel, the Little English Guest House was the perfect choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 17, 2011
We're happy you appreciated our peaceful surroundings and delicious breakfast and note the "art" it is to answer questions and give you privacy at the same time! We try hard to be sensitive to the needs of each guest and we're happy we hit the mark again! Please stay with us again next time you're in Florida's Capital.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I have several clients in Tallahassee that require my onsite presence periodically. Not pleased with the choice of area hotels, I looked for a bed and breakfast and discovered this gem of a place. What a nice surprise. The location is great, located right off I-10 at Thomasville Road, close to lots of area restaurants and convenient to downtown. Having stayed there twice, it has now become my preferred accommodations whenever in town. The owner, Tracey, has been a gracious host, providing pleasant conversation and delicious English breakfasts. The rooms are clean and quiet with comfortable beds. You won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Thank you for your gracious words, kind sir. We try very hard to provide great value for money and of course, outstanding hospitality, because we know that anyone can just buy a "bed" for the night, but true hospitality is priceless! We look forward to your next stay at the Little English Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast when you're in Tallahassee again.
Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Super quiet, cozy and "away from it all" place in Florida's Capital. But VERY convenient to everything.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Dramaman
Thank you for your kind words! We are happy that you appreciated our peace and quiet away from the bustling crowd while noting that we are indeed just 10 minutes to downtown, it's a great location and we love it! Please come and stay with us next time you're in our lovely city.
Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I had to book last minute for a training, and was not happy with the overly priced hotel rooms. I stumbled on the B&B, and went ahead and booked it. My fiance came with me, and we both found the Little English Guesthouse absolutely charming. We stayed in the London room and found all the little decorative touches unique. In fact, I had to remind my fiance to take off the bowler hat before we left. He walked around with it on most of the night. The only downside I could find was that I ran out of hot water during my shower, but it was also 20 degrees outside that night, so it could have been cold pipes. Tracey was absolutely adorable, and we enjoyed meeting her tremendously.

Our only regret was that we could only stay one night.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Shileys
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 7, 2010
Thank you for your kind words, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Please let us know of minor problems like running out of hot water, we could have fixed that in 2 seconds with the flip of a switch! We're glad it didn't spoil your visit though, despite the insanely, unusual freezing nights Florida is experiencing this winter. Roll on summer time when it's back up to Florida triple digit temperatures!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2010

It was close to freezing when we checked into this lovely house. We were warmly welcomed by Tracey who made us feel at home immediately. She offered us some hot tea (yes please) and it was brought out on a fancy English tea platter with traditional china.

PROS: Our room, the Staffordshire room was very cute and cozy. There was a space heater for the cold nights we had to endure. The room was spotless, well decorated, and had a nice selection of soaps, shampoo, and hair gel. The bed and linens made for 2 utterly comfy nights in heaven. The communal sitting area was very relaxing, Tracey was also extremely helpful with her recommendations for food and things to do. The restaurants she told us about were spot on. She's the type of inkeeper that is available to chat if you'd like, but also knows when to leave you alone and give you some space to just relax. I always appreciate that quality. PS: the plush robes are amazing after a hot shower!

CONS: The room we chose was the smallest of them all, and had an itty bitty TV. If I had the choice, I would have paid a bit more to stay in one of the other two larger, neater looking rooms. (NOT their fault--completely our fault for waiting last minute to book.) The room was still great. The breakfast: If you are a light breakfast eater, and just need a little something to start your day, you will be more than pleased with the selection. There are cereals, juices, coffee, tea, english muffins or croissants, yogurts, plenty of condiments, and a small fruit cup-which is the only thing that is put together by hand. We have been to B&B's all around the country, and are used to paying the price we did here for a room, but ALSO receiving a breakfast that has more of a personal touch along with healthier, homemade foods. In fact, we've even paid a bit less at some B&B's in big cities and have still been served amazing breakfasts made personally by the host that included more protein options, meat, veggies, etc.If you are a big breakfast eater, this would not be the place for you to DEPEND on a home-made breakfast. It is very carb heavy. So I suppose we would recommend this place for the "bed" part, but not so much for the "breakfast" part. :o)

Aside from those minor issues (which may not even be an issue for you) you will enjoy this place for its authenticity, wonderful host, romantic atmosphere, and relatively good value for the rooms. We would suggest to give this place a try if you are in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inblueseas77
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We work hard to ensure you feel like our personal guest and not just a number so we're happy all the little extra touches we provide were noticed and appreciated. We do clearly state on our website and all other ads (where possible) exactly what our breakast consists of and recommend local restaurants to our guests who prefer a heavier, cooked breakfast. We will try to delineate further the description of our breakfast as we certainly want guests to feel ALL pros and no cons! Thank you for staying with us and for providing feedback, all of which is helpful to us.