“Little English Guesthouse provided a sweet retreat in Tallahassee.”

The Little English Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 4 Tallahassee B&B and Inns
Gainesville, Florida
“Little English Guesthouse provided a sweet retreat in Tallahassee.”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was the ideal spot for us to stay for our weekend retreat in Tallahassee! I loved sipping tea on the front steps and looking at the garden. My sister and I stayed in the Staffordshire room. The manager gave us a cot and extra linens. I got the big bed which was very comfortable, though very firm. My sister slept fine on the cot as well. Breakfast and snacks were always in the fridge including yogurt & fresh fruit salad. As we traveled around Tallahassee, we loved being able to return to the Little English Guesthouse for a quick rest during the day on Saturday. The conservatory was especially welcoming and restful. And I loved the gnomes.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
It's our goal to be a sanctuary from the chaos of life for our guests, so we're glad you enjoyed a sweet retreat! And you found a moment of joy in our little details around the little english garden, and that brings us joy! We look forward to seeing you next time you need a little breath of fresh air and sweet retreat!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Excellent B&B right off Route 10. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Great continental breakfasts each morning. Tracey (the owner) is very attentive and thoughtful to her guest's needs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I stayed here while on business and really liked the place. Very clean and very friendly with much love for details. I felt like at home and enjoyed sitting there enjoying some music while watching the candles burn. Very cozy. Whenever I come back to Tallahassee I will choose this place. ...........................................................asaas.............asasas.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Little English Guesthouse while on your business trip! We agree if you're looking for a place that's clean, cozy and peaceful, this is the right choice. We look forward to serving you the next time you're in Tallahassee, Florida.
Toulouse, France
Reviewed February 5, 2011

A restorative long weekend in Tallahassee, with lots of hiking and a birthday to celebrate. Not only was the Little English Guesthouse a wonderful base for exploring the forests and the city, but there were quite a number of good restaurants within walking distance. The accommodations were excellent and the room was very quiet. Tracy, the host, was warm, friendly, helpful and interesting. Though Tallahassee is not too far from from Central Florida, it was, in a number of ways, like being much further away - much like a Little English Guesthouse.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, we 're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got a little "taste" of England while you were with us. We are ideally located for some of the finest restaurants in Tallahassee so we're glad you took the opportunity to take a stroll to find them. Please come back and stay with us next time you're in North Florida.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2010

From the enchanting, ecclectic decor to the friendly hospitality, we immediately felt welcome. The extremely comfy bed along with the massage shower were a plus, but for me the little homey touches and attention to detail made this a special stay. We were supplied with ample food choices and excellent organic coffee. I also enjoyed the beautiful rose garden right outside our window. I would definitely recommend this guesthouse to anyone in need of lodging or celebrating a special occasion.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you for your kind words, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you found our breakfast to have ample choices! And when the roses are blooming it is a particularly beautiful scene from the window, we agree! We hope to see you again soon!
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed at the Little English Guest House on my third trip to Tallahassee, and only wish I had discovered it sooner. Tracy arranged for me to have a much needed massage on my night of arrival. I had been packing for several weeks and dealing with the stresses of moving. I spent 2 nights at the guest house, and found it absolutely delightful. All of the little touches made me feel very comfortable. Breakfast was yummy, and I enjoyed sitting in the garden in the mornings and sipping on a cup of Tracy's delicious coffee. Tracy is a wonderful lady, and made me feel very welcome. It was truly like a "home away from home," and definitely better than the impersonal feel of a typical hotel. Kudos to the Little English Guest House.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your kudos! We also wished you had "discovered" us a bit sooner too, it would have made all your relocation trips to Tallahassee more joyous, less stressful. Thank you for staying with us!
Hanover, NH
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is a wonderful B&B well located in Tallahassee with lots of nice touches. Spacious rooms, nicely furnished, excellent breakfast, and Tracey Cochran is a friendly and helpful innkeeper. We loved the attention to detail and her environmental sensitivities. Absolutely perfect for our stay in Tallahassee

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
What a sweet thing to say, thank you so much! We agree that we're the perfect place to stay, I hope others agree, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Tallahassee.