“A property in decline”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pikesville, Maryland
“A property in decline”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Have stayed here a number of times. This time there were multiple issues, the worst of which was the room not being serviced at all one day. All problems were reported and not satisfactorily resolved. Room cleanliness and condition was pretty poor

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your continued business with us in Tallahassee. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. We have had some internal changes and hope you will allow us another chance to give you the service you expect at our hotel. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was in Tallahasee to teach a class at the Hampton Inn and found it to be great. Very comfy beds, lots of room, great breakfast in the morning. Will stay again! For your info - the little gadgets that are supposed to control the AC don't work!

Room Tip: We had a hard time getting to you off of I10!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your time to let us know about your recent stay and happy to hear you will return. Regarding our air conditioner in the guest rooms, they are controlled by the remote control or wall, not actually on the unit itself, so we hope you find these helpful on your next stay. Thank you for your business.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The good: Front desk staff super nice and friendly
The bad: Mold in the bathrooms. I notified the GM Krista Alfaro 2 years ago about the same problem, said she would take care of it. Same mold/different room 2yrs later.
The ugly:Worked out in the gym, first thing I wanted to do was wipe down equipment with antibacterial gym wipe, the dispenser is empty and being used as trash bin, after working out, wanted a drink from water dispenser, noticed mold, standing water in the catcher- took the lid off to see how bad it was...filters havent been changed in more than 2 yrs. Label on them said plainly to change no later than March 2012. This place is filthy and poses health risks. Notified the GM once again. Wish I could post the photos here. Frequent travelers beware of this location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike R
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review and comments about the opportunities you experienced at the property. We will address these with our team and ensure each items gets addressed asap. We value you as a guest and hope you will allow us a chance to give you an exceptional stay.
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The staff was friendly, the rooms were fairly comfortable and clean, the air conditioning unit was very loud and annoying while trying to sleep and the room above and next to ours had noises that permeated our room, making for lousy sleep. The hot breakfast was inedible for me some others in our group, but the bagel and a bit of fruit were fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. The Hilton brand continues to strive to offer the hotels better breakfast options for our guest, so thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future. We appreciate your business.
Clearwater, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very Nice clean hotel , with access to restaurants , Very Close to high end and low end restaurants and easy access to downtown , and access to the highway , I would definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so happy to hear we will be your hotel of choice when you are traveling to Tallahassee. We value each and every guest and your comments help us continue to do a great job for our guest. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I always stay at Hampton Inn on my business trips. I have never been let down and this one was no different. Excellent and friendly staff. As usual the room was clean and fresh. I had forgotten some toiletries and the staff was extremely helpful in acquiring these items. Though they did not actually have the items there they were instrumental in getting them. Will continue to stay at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you and your business. We look forward to always having you back as our guest when your travels bring you to Tallahassee.
Palm Harbor, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Making reservations was speedy and met needs. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only complaint handicapped room was unavailable. Room was nice but bed too high for someone with a disability and there was no walk in shower. AC was set too low and we had to turn AC off. Breakfast station closed at appointed time but would like it if it stayed open until 10:30 AM.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear we did not have your specific room type available. During our peak season its always best to book early and request a handicap room to ensure you get your request. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and sure wish the Hilton brand would allow us to remain open past 10:00 a.m. however, this is a brand standard for our complimentary breakfast hours. We hope to see you again in the near future, when your travels bring you to Tallahassee.