Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
GreenLeadersSilver level
Smyrna
“Beautiful stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This suite was absolutely beautiful! Had a great room, front desk staff and house staff were right on their toes......nice group of people. Very accomodating! If I am back in that area again, I'll stay at the place.........maybe in the same room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Gail,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and appreciate the comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Stacie, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes it's nice to know a good place to get a good night's sleep when traveling to Florida's emerald coast. This Hampton is our go to place once a year at least. Folks, let me just say this; I have traveled extensively over the past 5 yrs and Hilton properties can't be beat for service, cleanliness and a great breakfast for free in the cafe or a bag breakfast if you'd like to sleep an extra 30 minutes. And if you're a Hilton Honors member, they will work with you on a later checkout time. By the way, while you're in Florida's capital city. Why not drive south 11 miles and see taste touch smell and hear the delightful State Park at Wakulla Springs. There are glass bottom boat tours as well as slow guided boat trips down the Wakulla river which is the only legal way to ride in a motorized boat there. On either you you will see another side of Florida. Trees growing out of the river filled with native birds as well as migratory travelers. On the glass bottom boat tour you will also see the site of the deepest spring in Florida where the guides will have catfish jumping and gators sunning. Top it all off with a swim in that same spring where the water is a constant 72 degrees year round. There is a lovely lodge where you can eat, shop and see " old joe" the oldest and largest gator ever taken from the springs. One more thing, the swimming scenes from most of the early Tarzan movies were shot right there at Wakulla Springs. Since you're already south of Tally, why not check out Florida's forgotten coast , home of the world famous Appalachacola oysters. The first fishing village will be Panacea where you can watch fishermen fish for oysters and red row mullet. This makes for a great day of exploration and just plain old fun. You will be hungry so coming back up to your hotel turn right at the sign that says Woodville. Keep following the road to the best fresh caught no frills seafood meal you will ever taste. If you're lucky they will have grouper throats but even if they don't you won't go away hungry. My favorite thing item is fried mullet which comes filleted and served with the fried backbone. This heaven on earth is called the Seine Yard. Please go and if you don't lie and say you did. At the seine yard it's sweet tea and grits along with your meal. Go and find out for yourself.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear FloridaFreckles,

Thank you for your review and the comments about the surrounding area. We appreciate you taking the time to review us. We hope to see you here again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions for business and I have always had a great experience. The rooms are clean, service is great and the breakfast is delicious. The location is also great! Right by the highway and very close to a lot of resturant options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate the comments and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for the 2nd time. The first time we stayed was because my daughter had purchased a voucher during a fundraiser which had been donated by this Inn. I appreciate the community involvement & was happy to book a room for this visit. The hotel is well located off I10 & close to restaurants. The rooms are clean, staff friendly & breakfast buffet plentiful. We will be back on our next Tallahassee visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Saltspringsgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your comments! Please come see us again soon.

Krista, GM
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed in Tallahassee last week and were happy with our stay. Rooms (and the hotel in general) were clean and attractive. The bed & pillows were comfortable. Everything in the room was updated & in good working order. Breakfast was pretty good with a nice variety. Love that you have snacks and cold drinks available to purchase by the front desk with good choices. We were able to go walking in the area and felt safe doing so during the day. Liked having coffee, etc. available all day and cookies in the afternoon. The staff was very friendly, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. My only complaint is that the suite is small if using the sofa bed. We could not get to the other side of the room without climbing over the corner of the bed and waking up our son. Also, for the price, I would expect a larger room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!!

Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn while in Tallahassee with Chamber Group of young adult ledaders. We travel to Tallahassee to visti the Capitial and show them how State government works.
I have been going for the past 10 years and by far this Hampton Inn and stay was the bbest.
Friendly staff, clean rooms, good food and great water pressure. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sam K,

Thank you for posting your review. We have had a couple of people mention our water pressure this week!

Look forward to having you, again!

Ft Walton Beach FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It can be hard to find a decent room in Tallahassee when the state legislature is in session, which is why I found myself at the Hampton Inn and Suites I-10/Thomasville Road. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. The staff was warm and accommodating, seeming to be sincerely interested in every customer. My room was clean and spacious (I had a 1BR suite), and it was both quiet and comfortable. The property was uniformly attractive and well-maintained. Three reasons for the downgrade: first, it was a bit hard to find from I-10 - I had to pull off Thomasville Road and employ my GPS; second, like all Hampton Inns that I've visited, they provide no glassware in the rooms (just styrofoam-like cups); third, the scrambled eggs and ham at breakfast were dry and tasteless. Despite these minor concerns, I would not hesitate to stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank REEF_Surfer_8
Dear Reef Surfer 8,

Thank you for posting your review! I am so happy to see that our staff took great care of you during your stay!