“Nice Hotel, Great Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2013

It can be hard to find a decent room in Tallahassee when the state legislature is in session, which is why I found myself at the Hampton Inn and Suites I-10/Thomasville Road. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. The staff was warm and accommodating, seeming to be sincerely interested in every customer. My room was clean and spacious (I had a 1BR suite), and it was both quiet and comfortable. The property was uniformly attractive and well-maintained. Three reasons for the downgrade: first, it was a bit hard to find from I-10 - I had to pull off Thomasville Road and employ my GPS; second, like all Hampton Inns that I've visited, they provide no glassware in the rooms (just styrofoam-like cups); third, the scrambled eggs and ham at breakfast were dry and tasteless. Despite these minor concerns, I would not hesitate to stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank REEF_Surfer_8
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Reef Surfer 8,

Thank you for posting your review! I am so happy to see that our staff took great care of you during your stay!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday when visiting family. The hotel was very convenient to the places we wanted to visit. A very good Hampton property. Clean rooms and pleasant staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trib30536,

Thank you for your review! Please come and see us, again, soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I planned to drive straight through from Cocoa back to our home in Pensacola, but we were tired, it was getting dark, and had begun to rain. We located this Hampton Inn (I-10) on my laptop, drove straight there, and were relieved to find they could accommodate us with a King suite.

Hampton Inn beds are always comfortable, and this one was no exception. Everyone was helpful, especially a young man (sorry I don't have his name) on the night we checked in, who located two "glass" glasses so my husband and I could enjoy our pre-room service (from a local restaurant) dinner cocktail in glass rather than foam, and then the next morning when Margaret on the front desk was kind enough to raid the pantry for a cup of milk to go (after breakfast hours) for my husband.

Nice inn. Great staff. We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElizabethWestmark

Dear ElizabethWestmark,

Thank you for posting your review!

I am glad that we were ble to go above and beyond to meet your needs. We strive to assist every guest in every way that we can!

Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

While visiting Tallahassee, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites at Thomasville Rd. The decor is very nice and the staff were very accommodating. Rooms well decorated, comfortable and very clean. The morning breakfast was ample and had good choices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Krista, GM

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel is close to I-10, but a bit difficult to find. Quiet hotel. Clean room. Comfortable bed, friendly staff. Breakfast about the same as other Hamptons. Some construction in progress in the breakfast/hallway area.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Travel was for business purposes. The rooms are amply furnished, spacious and comfortable. The value is good, especially for higher demand calendar dates. There was a bit of noise from other travelers (but this could have been spring break related - not sure). The room was acceptably clean, but not up to usual Hampton standards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Darby B,

Thank you for your review! We will be updating our rooms a little in May. Hopefully, this will help with the appearance. We hope to see you, again, soon!

Krista

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is located near State Road 319 which has numerous restaurants and services in close proximity. And although it's close to Exit 203 on I-10, there are no noise issues at their location. The best three reasons to stay - 1) very nice rooms, 2) excellent staff, and 3) a fabulous complimentary breakfast (it's the South - so what do you expect ??). We'll be back in April when headed back home from a trip to South Florida.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Beach-Mark,

Thank you so much for reviewing our property! We will see you in April!!

Krista, GM