“Great Hampton Inn - Convenient and New!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were only there one night but we very impressed with the hotel and staff. A well run facility with up-to-date decor. Close to I-10 and Thomasville Rd. a major road in the Tallahassee area. We liked the ability to walk across the street to TGI Friday's for late evening cocktails, too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We often stay at Hampton Inns, because their duvets are fresh for each customer and we do not want to sleep under blankets/spreads which are seldom laundered. Everything here was immaculate. This is among the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed in and was very close to the interstate. Very handy. They served dinner (Swedish meatballs and salad) as well as the very nice breakfast. I was not expecting that. The staff was very friendly and helpful, too. An excellent place to spend the night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We certainly do love our light meal! We serve this Monday - Friday from 5:30 pm until approximately 7:30 pm. Come and stay, again, when you can try another option! Thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stay at Hampton Inns often and this one is great. It is in a convenient location with lots of restaurants close by. The rooms are clean - and the standard Hampton Inn rooms, and the staff are outstanding. I would stay here again when in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thanks so much for your review!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is our favorite overnight place when visiting Tallahassee. Surprisingly, for a state capitol, nice places to stay are not that easy come by here. We've stayed here many times over the years and always found it to be extremely clean, friendly, and comfortable. If you are planning on coming during a football game or a graduation weekend, book well in advance.

Room Tip: They are currently renovating some floors, so ask for a renovated room or at least to be away from t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you, again!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stay at alot of Hampton Inns and this was a newer one and everyone was very cordial and room was very clean, nice and roomy. Great beds. Close to many restaurants. If passing through Tallahassee or staying there for more than a night - can't beat it for the price.

Room Tip: Remember you get what you pay for!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank baylorbear85
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear BaylorBear85,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you, again!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed for one night on our way to Daytona. It was late at night and I drove through the Steak and Shake parking lot, fortunately I found an access road to the hotel. The parking lot was well lighted, which was a draw for me. The staff was friendly, dispite that the hotel was very busy. Clean room and comfortable bedding. The breakfast was really nice, with lots to choose from. This is one of my favorite Hampton Inns. If you are in Tallahassee, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your review!

Krista, GM

Reviewed February 23, 2012

For context, I stay at hotels frequently for business. Mostly in the Hilton Garden Inn / Marriott Courtyard categories.

This hotel is just fine. If that sounds like a blah comment, it's not by accident. The room was comfortable. Everything worked. It was quiet enough.

The only serious problem was internet speed, which was absolutely horrible.

They gym (which I didn't use) had 1 eliptical, 1 treadmill and maybe some weights. It's small.

There are many restaurants around, including several within easy walking distance. My taxi driver touted the Japanese teppanyaki place across the street, but I didn't try it. Friday's is right there if you're lazy and just need a meal.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank greg2612
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear greg2612,

Thank you for your review of our property!

I want to let you know that, as stated in the response to the previous review, we are working diligently to increase our internet speed. As a matter of fact, our installation of 100Mbps cable is scheduled for Wednesday, February 22! I know that this additional service will take us above and beyond what most properties are offering.

Please come back and see us. I know that internet quality is almost more important than complimentary breakfast today! We have heard your comments and are rectifying the situation as quickly as possible.

Thank you for being our guest. We love having you here!