Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Cozy hotel”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights for a business trip. Very friendly staff. I had a slight isue upon arrival regarding my bed linen and it was quickly attended to. The breakfast each morning was great! I enjoyed their in room coffee which I am usually not a fan of. A very cozy hotel with cookies offered in the evening. Will return there when back in Tallahassee.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Central Queensland
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was just a quick stopover in Tallahassee, and the Hampton Inn provided just what we were looking for. Somewhere clean and comfortable to spend the night.

While checking in, we were offered some supper, but declined and was pointed in the direction of local restaurants (TGI Fridays is just across the road). The room was spotless and nicely appointed.

We did have breakfast in the morning, and it was interesting to see the rapport the staff in the breakfast area had with obviously return guests, they were treated like family! Nice.

Even though all the Hampton Inn's look alike, I'm sure they can only aspire to have the kind of staff this one has.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Great place to stay that is outside of metro Tallahassee, but still has accomidations and restaurants nearby. Clean, good service. Stayed here while travleing for business. Had to go into Tallahassee early the next morning. I was at my appointment in no time. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Southeast Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here in October for 2 nights while attending the FSU Parent Weekend event.

Upon walking into the lobby, I saw a clean, new feeling and comfortable area that was decorated nicely. The front desk personnel were very friendly and in a few moments we were in our room.

I have to stress that Hampton Suites are nice rooms. This one felt wonderful. The color schemes were relaxing, the bathroom was recently renovated and had nice new fixtures. The air conditioning unit was soooo quiet and was placed such that it cooled the room but did NOT blow on you at night, as so many other properties do. The room was large and had a mini kitchen space in the entry, with sink, microwave, and small fridge. The bed was very comfortable and the soundproofing excellent.

Our housekeeping service was just fine, and had no issues.

One item that added to the decor of the property; Just in back of the property was a patio area that had a Gas Fireplace. It just looked and felt cozy.

Now I have stayed at the Staybridge Suite (Rated # 1 in Tallahassee) and the Hampton I-10 (Rated # 2) and given the quality and proximity of the Hampton to FSU would dearly love to stay here every visit.

The differentiating reality between both properties is the points stay structure Hilton has decided upon, back in the past when they increased their hotel points needed to a minimum of 30,000 points a night. Recently, Hilton began a program of denying their top tier of frequent guest HHONORS members the ability to upgrade a room if available when using points for stays. And also, I noticed that the hotels now have the ability to drive up the minimum points requirements for a stay BY ROOM TYPE or in the event of a forecast large demand in the area, such as a college football game, charge an INSANE amount of points per night. Such was the observation when the Doubletree Tallahassee was asking 165,000 points per night for a standard Queen non-smoking. The latest Hilton game was to assign certain numbers of room available to "points stays" regardless of overall room availability.

Thankfully, Intercontinental Hotel Groups Priority Club program has seen fit to keep points stays affordable, generally give out more points per stay, dictate that any room available could be used for points stays if available, not ramp up the point requirement based on area demand, allow top tier frequent stay guests in the Priority Club the ability to be upgraded on point stays to a better room, and offer options consistently to combine points and dollars.

This background information drives me to ratify the Hampton Inn's # 2 spot in Tallahassee, given they are saddled with Hilton's HHONORS point profiteering scheme and leave the Staybridge with the #1 spot. If the Frequent Points program perks and treatment were equal for Hilton compared to the Priority Club, I'd without a doubt name the Hampton Inn & Suites I-10 in Tallahassee # 1.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Norfolk
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was first Hampton we stayed in and we were impressed. Excellent breakfast choices, clean, friendly, helpful. Not a great deal in area but this was overnight stop so had everything we needed.

• Stayed October 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I'm not sure who thought this hotel was great and wonderful..but I had the exact opposite experience. From the pictures, this hotel looks new and clean. It is not. The 1st night I stayed housekeeping didn't take my leftover breakfast (bagel, fruit, OJ and coffee) on the table, left a dirty sink and the bed looked like it was made by a 5-year old. Everyone here was super nice, but the hotel itself isn't up to par. I travel quite a bit for work and this is not one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in. Will not be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank and113
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel has everything a guest could ask for: clean, comfortable rooms, a yummy breakfast, and kind employees. However, the one thing that sets this hotel apart from any other is the willingness of the staff to make you comfortable. We were in town for my cousins wedding reception and our whole family was in the hotel. Naturally we invaded the lobby to spend time together. We discovered the grill out back and had a cookout. The host was kind enough to get us the utensils we needed. He was so kind, helpful, and funny. This was the BEST experience I have ever had at a hotel. I was very impressed.

• Stayed September 2011