“It used to be one of our favorites...”
Review of Far East Cuisine

Far East Cuisine
Ranked #535 of 832 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Although this place used to be one of our favorites the food quality and service have become pretty horrible. On our latest visit the pho was still ok, good but not great. However, the chinese food was horrible. The microwave meals from the frozen food isle of the grocery store taste more authentic than the sesame chicken we had. At this place there was more breading than chicken and it tasted bland. The crab rangoons were obviously frozen, based on tast, texture, and uniformity. The service was almost as bad. The waitress checked on us twice the entire meal and wouldn't even bring soy sauce. We were seriously disappointed and will not be returning; a shame given we used to like this place.

Reviewed June 20, 2009

Everything on the menu is wonderful. The pho is great, the salad bowls amazing. I would recommend anything you see. We are now eating a lot of the house special veggies and assorted meat/shrimp in a fried egg noddle nest.

Reviewed May 25, 2008

This place is a bit of surprise. I went there on whim just because I was getting my tags renewed next door. When I walked in, I was convinced this was going to be another bad, strip mall chinese place.

Instead, this place turned out to be a great find in Tallahassee. I like it so much, my wife and I have been back half a dozen time in the two months that we have lived in Tallahassee now.

The menu is eclectic -- sushi, Chinese, and Vietnamese. We ordered off all three menus and have received great meal every time.

However, it's nearly impossible not to order the pho. It as good as I have ever had.

1  Thank mespy
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I am from Thomasville, GA and try to eat there at least once a month. I got hooked on Vietnamese food while on a trip to Savannah and finding Far East in Tallahassee was a pleasant surprise. When looking at the restaurant from the outside you don't expect much, open the door and you will be quite pleased . The wait staff is always pleasant and the prices are good too. My daughters love the sushi and I like to sample new items each time I visit. Whatever we order we are always pleased. My only regret is that I live 45 miles away. This is worth the drive!

Reviewed December 18, 2007

Tucked away in the Kinko's shopping strip is a Tallahassee culinary jewel - I'm talking about Far East Cuisine, of course!

Offering both Vietnamese and Chinese dishes, there's plenty to like on the menu. The food is well done and portions are plentiful. having served in VietNam many years ago, I can relate to the authentic nature of the food served here.

Get the Pho, you won't be disappointed!

Fortunately, the Kariokoe stage has been removed....along with the "less than skillful" singing that was found here on a weekly basis. The neighborhood sleeps better now.........

Overall, this place is well worth the trip and may become a habit, as it has for me.