“Better than my Peruvian mother-in-law's cooking!”
Review of The Turnover Cafe - CLOSED

The Turnover Cafe
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We also serve wine and Peruvian beer.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Better than my Peruvian mother-in-law's cooking!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Loved the Turnover Cafe when it was a food truck and love it even more now that she (the owner) is in a brick and mortar location.

Her Aji de Gallina is sublime and her Lomo Saltado is perfect. Don't tell my suegra (mother-in-law) that I said so! One thing I like is the fact that, unlike most other Peruvian restaurants I have been to, the owner serves some common Peruvian dishes that one normally only finds in someone's home, such as Carapulcra. Ooooohhh, the Causa! Mmmmmm!

Go to the Turnover Cafe! Then go again!

• Visited June 2014

Pensacola, Florida
“Must try! ”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I was passing though Tallahassee and wanted to try something I don't have back home. I am so glad I chose this, amazing food and an amazing experience!

Tallahassee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food, wonderful service!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The food was excellent. The owner was extremely nice & welcoming. She explained all of the specials to us & served us with a smile. We will definitely be back soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kedeboer
Tallahassee, Florida
“Something different and delicious”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I must admit I was a bit hesitant coming here — I had no idea what Peruvian food was. The homemade empanadas are the highlight of the menu and a great value. They're only $4 and $5 and one is plenty for a meal. They are served with a green hot sauce that has quite a kick — a little goes a long way! The fried yucca was tasty, too. The ladies working there were quite pleasant and willing to describe in detail the ingredients and flavors of entrees. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Touch of Peru”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Turnover Cafe is a great place to go for a home cooked Peruvian lunch. You can order from a menu or choose one of the 3 or 4 daily specials. I eat there weekly and have always enjoyed my meal. GiGi cooks everything from scratch.

• Visited April 2014