“Why would anyone ever go to a chain?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Turnover Cafe - CLOSED

The Turnover Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: We also serve wine and Peruvian beer.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why would anyone ever go to a chain?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

My favorite hands-down is the spinach empanada. And I always take home some alfajores! How can you beat made from scratch food at such reasonable prices?

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Mary B

Tallahassee, Florida
“Great place to eat in or cater from”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I am a pharmaceutical rep and have catered from here several times. Every place I take the food to they absolutely love it. The chicken wraps are unbelievably delicious. My personal favorite is the Lomo Saltado which is a Peruvian staple. I love the mixture of steak, vegetables,and sauce over the rice. I highly recommend you check out this restaurant. You will not be sorry you did.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Empanadas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the chicken and beef empanadas as well as a steak dish and they were all excellent! The staff were very pleasant and the atmosphere is relaxing. We will definitely return!

“Lomito Saltado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a friend recommend this restaurant to me. I am very happy that she did. The food was very tasty. I did not know what to expect. When I took a bite into the beef, rice & veggies my mind said Wow! This is really perfectly seasoned. If you are looking for something different... Food that you can taste. Not bland. I HIGHLY recommend that you try this place.

TheTurnoverCafe2013, Owner at The Turnover Cafe, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Wonderful to know you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for your review.
Tallahassee, Florida
“So yummy, and affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This cuisine is billed as "pockets full of goodness", and that is an understatement! The food is authentic Peruvian cuisine and everything is made fresh from the salsas and sauces to the incredible tamals which come steamed in a banana leaf. (the chicken tamal is my favorite, wonderfully seasoned with the unexpected flavors of green olives and chopped eggs - so good!) The spinich and toasted pine nut empanada is another favorite, plus the soups are fantastic, the chicken salad is a must try, and you can't go wrong with the daily specials. We have never been disappointed and the prices are very reasonable. The place is small but colorful, clean and friendly. They have take-out, indoor seating and (limited) outdoor seating by the plaza fountain. My only complaint would be that it isn't open on weekends.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheTurnoverCafe2013, Owner at The Turnover Cafe, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for the review! And I have good news for you, since we opened in Novber we have added new business hours-we are open M-Th 10am-4pm, Fri 10am-9pm, and Sat 10am-4pm. Thank you for your business :)