“Lomito Saltado”
Review of The Turnover Cafe - CLOSED

The Turnover Cafe
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We also serve wine and Peruvian beer.
“Lomito Saltado”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a friend recommend this restaurant to me. I am very happy that she did. The food was very tasty. I did not know what to expect. When I took a bite into the beef, rice & veggies my mind said Wow! This is really perfectly seasoned. If you are looking for something different... Food that you can taste. Not bland. I HIGHLY recommend that you try this place.

TheTurnoverCafe2013, Owner at The Turnover Cafe, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Wonderful to know you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for your review.

Tallahassee, Florida
“So yummy, and affordable!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This cuisine is billed as "pockets full of goodness", and that is an understatement! The food is authentic Peruvian cuisine and everything is made fresh from the salsas and sauces to the incredible tamals which come steamed in a banana leaf. (the chicken tamal is my favorite, wonderfully seasoned with the unexpected flavors of green olives and chopped eggs - so good!) The spinich and toasted pine nut empanada is another favorite, plus the soups are fantastic, the chicken salad is a must try, and you can't go wrong with the daily specials. We have never been disappointed and the prices are very reasonable. The place is small but colorful, clean and friendly. They have take-out, indoor seating and (limited) outdoor seating by the plaza fountain. My only complaint would be that it isn't open on weekends.

• Visited February 2014
TheTurnoverCafe2013, Owner at The Turnover Cafe, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for the review! And I have good news for you, since we opened in Novber we have added new business hours-we are open M-Th 10am-4pm, Fri 10am-9pm, and Sat 10am-4pm. Thank you for your business :)
“It's okay, but...”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Read all the great reviews and was excited to visit. Brought my wife. Turned out to be just okay.

We got the beef and potato stew (nice) and the pork/plantain empanada (good). Also two of the shortbread cookies (just okay.)

Portions were small. My wife was hungry before eating a cookie.

Total bill was about $12. Service was fast and friendly. Food was good, but not a wow.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for visiting us. We would love to have you come back to try other dishes. I would be happy to answer any questions on any of our menu items to make sure you are fully satisfied. Thank you for your review and again for coming to The Turnover Cafe.
Gigi.
“The real deal!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This is what Tallahassee needed. The authentically prepared Peruvian fare is awesome enough to make you want to eat here more than once a week, and affordable enough so that you can.

My wife and son had the beef and spinach empanadas, and they both loved them. I had the ceviche and wish I would have ordered a second order. It was out of this world.

We will be back again over the next few days.

St. Marys, Georgia
“Wow! Just WOW!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We traveled to Tallahassee to visit family for the holidays and a friend had recommended that we stop at the Turnover Café. What an AMAZING recommendation! This was the very first place we stopped and we loved it so much, we returned several times during our trip. If you are in the mood for good, healthy food served quickly with a smile this is the place to go! My family, (myself, husband, 3 year old, and one year old), loved everything we tried and the kids even wanted more. We had empanadas, lomo saltado, tamales, fried yucca, and a little bit of every dessert she had available (not all are available daily)- red velvet cake, flan, alfajores, angel food cake and carrot cake. The cakes were moist; the dishes were flavorful; the empanadas were flaky; everything was perfect! The café itself was very cute and nicely decorated. There is even a cute fountain in the front of the café, next to the outdoor seating. We will definitely return the next time we are in town.

• Visited November 2013