“Awesome interior design and delicious food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Madison Social
Ranked #66 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Open everyday, Madison Social is Tallahassee's newest Social House that features lunch, dinner, happy hour, and late night experiences for all ages. On weekends, our six garage doors open up to expansive outdoor patio seating overlooking Doak Campbell Stadium. It's the perfect place to enjoy one of our gourmet brunch items or a refreshing cocktail from our bar menu.
McCalla, AL
“Awesome interior design and delicious food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This place was recommended to us by staff at our hotel. It is basically on campus of FSU and appears to be a fun place to meet friends for brunch/lunch. My daughter and I had the BLT dip for an appetizer----delicious! We shared the burger with fried avocado! We both enjoyed our meal. Should we return to Tallahassee, we will definitely return to Madison Social!

• Visited January 2014
Matt T, Owner at Madison Social, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks TinaMarie- we really appreciate the review. Next time you are in, try the Steak/Potato grilled cheese, it is always a crowd favorite as well! Thanks again.

“On the fence”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I went to Madison Social for the first time last night. First, the good: the atmosphere is really nice. The industrial look of the place is cool, and the music was good. It's a bit loud inside, but not so bad that you can't hold a conversation. The bartenders were very friendly and took great care of us. The specialty drink that my husband had was very good. The well drinks that I had were strong, but not overly so. Now, the bad: we ordered the BLT dip and were totally grossed out. It is described as creamed spinach with tomatoes and bacon served with baguette and pita.I suppose I was expecting a spinach dip similar to others that I have ordered in the past. What came out was a skillet full of warm sour cream with a handful of spinach pieces and lots of tomatoes. It had a thin crust of cheese at the top and NO bacon. I didn't see or taste a single piece. If it was in there at all, it would have been hidden in the top cheese crust. The baguette and pita were good, but we ended up eating barely any of the dip. Even my husband didn't want it, and he eats everything. At 8 dollars, we felt ripped off. This problem may have been avoided if the menu description were changed to mention the sour cream, which is basically all it consists of. Overall, it was a good experience, and we look forward to visiting again. However, I'm not sure if I would risk ordering food from here in the future.

Edit to add: I just looked at the picture of the BLT dip on the website, and it looks quite different from the food we were served last night. Huh.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Matt T, Owner at Madison Social, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks for your review and certainly that is not the response we want on our food. The BLT dip is one of our top sellers and people thoroughly enjoy it however we could have had a consistency issue...which, of course, is unacceptable.

I invite you and your husband to come in again and try our menu. Please email matt@madisonsocial.com and let me know when you will be coming in.

Thanks again for your note.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Beautiful venue, excellent service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My friends and I loved the atmosphere at Madison Social. The service was excellent, too. I was highly disappointed that their shrimp and other seafood was not local. The price of locally bought, fresh seafood is not that much higher than buying the frozen stuff from Asia, and it tastes a million times better (not to mention how much more environmentally responsible it is). I got the only local seafood they had, grouper sliders, and they were good. Our table shared a shrimp appetizer, but after one bite, it was evident to me the shrimp wasn't local. Others didn't seem to mind as much. One friend got bratwurst and was disappointed they didn't have spicy mustard. Two others enjoyed their meals. The avocado hummus appetizer is divine!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank SunshineDiver
Matt T, Owner at Madison Social, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hi SunshineDiver- thanks for the review and glad you like what atmosphere we have at Madison Social. As you said our grouper is sourced locally but we are looking into shrimp options as well. As for spicy mustard, we definitely should have that in house so we will be following up with staff. Thanks again and look forward to returning to Madison Social.
“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great food and great service. During the day and evening it is a wonderful restaurant scene while later at night it is perfect for those looking for an awesome bar to relax in. There's a small but fantastic menu with a lot of unique twists on timeless dishes (I definitely recommend the BLT dip to start and the cookie to end). There's a large selection of beers and cocktails to enjoy as well. The service has been great every time I have gone. If you're going to watch a game expect it to be packed.

• Visited December 2013
Matt T, Owner at Madison Social, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Le0412- Thanks so much for the great review! Be on the lookout for some of our upcoming events.
“Great sports bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My son and I were visiting Florida State for a college visit for him. We stop by here before a game and grabbed a couple seats at the bar. The bar tenders were very helpful with my sons questions about the school. We ordered a couple burgers and some blue cheese chips. Both were very good. The atmosphere is great with all the tvc's to watch the games and the open air feel was wonderful.

We look forward to returning again.

• Visited November 2013
Matt T, Owner at Madison Social, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Eagle- great to hear you had an awesome experience and glad your son got his questions answered. Feel free to contact us through our website if you/he has any questions about FSU.